Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B75-hd3 gets stuck at bios splash screen, not dead but i need to press enter to boot! why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B75-hd3 gets stuck at bios splash screen, not dead but i need to press enter to boot! why?

I was using a new Gigabyte B75-HD3 for about a month with no problem until today. I have not added any hardware or installed anything new in the last 3 weeks.

The problem is that when I power up, I see the big splash screen, and then the system stops there.
    It's not dead, but I need to press enter to get it to start loading windows.

And then, once I'm in windows, the aero effects are disabled. I need to run the performance assessor in windows to enable aero effects again.

I have no idea what is wrong. I tried removing my graphics card and drives one by one but even with nothing (ie using a bare mobo with onboard graphics) it still gets stuck at the bios screen.

is there any way to see results of a power on self test so that I can see error messages?

When I turn off the 'full screen ' logo in an effort to do this, instead of the fancy gigabyte splash screen, I get a big American Megatrends logo occupying the whole screen and it still gets stuck.

I was also wondering how to boot from USB with this mobo. I can't find the boot option in the bios... it only shows hard drives even when a thumbdrive is plugged in.

Re: B75-hd3 gets stuck at bios splash screen, not dead but i need to press enter to boot! why?

ok when i disable the full screen logo and reboot i get this screen

and then it gets stuck. I need to press enter 4-5 times before the hard disk starts moving again. but after that the booting is fine, no disk errors, so I think the problem is the mobo and not the drive.

Comment

Re: B75-hd3 gets stuck at bios splash screen, not dead but i need to press enter to boot! why?

i just got back from the service center and they could not duplicate the problem! When they booted up there was no lockup at the bios screen, he could enter the bios setup, and the american megatrends logo was small and didn't occupy the whole screen.

So it must be something else.

USB ports? I disconnected all USB devices, still the same problem.

HDD: Don't think so. Even with and without the HDD connected the same problem happens, stuck at bios screen before it even accesses the drive.

CPU: Don't think so because if the CPU is faulty I will be experiencing lockups all the way in normal operation. But after I get past the boot screen there is no more problem.

RAM: Possible. Will faulty ram make your BIOS screen logo stretch? I'm using Gskill 4gb ddr3, bought 3 weeks ago too.

Graphic card: Don't think so. Using an ATI 4500 series (I think). When I use the video output from the card the bios hangs, but when I remove the card entirely and use the monitor connector on the mobo the same hang occurs.

PSU: Don't think so... after bootup there is no problem at all. Using Seasonic S12II 520w.

What other possibilities are there?

Comment

hi there. I had the same problem. kept getting stuck at the same screen. sometimes goes to win7. sometimes stuck.
        Here's what I did- pull out every connection. ALL usb ... pull them out. usb hub... out. put keyboard in direct to pc. reboot.
        my problem was usb3 external drive connected to usb hub then to pc. usb hub is usb2. so I think my pc had a problem on start up with reading that drive.
        let me know how you go and I can try to help.
        k

Comment

Working...
        X