Code A2 can't get into bios or boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code A2 can't get into bios or boot

Hello I'm unable to boot into bios or boot from a CD.

I was trouble shooting a ssid issue and had to boot from a CD to format the disk. After that was complete I restarted the computer and it now never leaves the asrock post screen.

I'm seeing a code of A2 on the board.

Any ideas?

Re: Code A2 can't get into bios or boot

Code A2 is IDE Detect, FWIW.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS/BIOS with the button on the rear I/O panel?

Is this a new build, or was it working before this?

Comment

What hard drive are you using, im having similar problems currently. Swapping out my main hard drive to a spare allows for normal booting. WD3200AAKX is my HD model and both drives I own will not boot with my extreme 6

Comment

Dear all,

Debug code "A2" maybe related to SATA devices.
        Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
        1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
        2. Change other SATA ports to try again.
        3. Only install a SATA device by turns to verify which device this issue is related to.
        4. Please change SATA cables for testing.
        5. If possible, please plug the device to other system to check if the device is fine.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

nissmo, it would really help if you'd kindly enter your system specs.

Video output to a computer monitor, not a television, until OS and all drivers are installed.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X