Radeon 7970 BIOS differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 7970 BIOS differences

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 -CPU: Core i7 3820 - Memory: 4x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2000MHz, but @1866MHz - GPU: Gigabyte R7970 OC Volt Unlocked

Re: Radeon 7970 BIOS differences

There are different revisions of that card (I have it also). Bios F2 is for revision 1.0, F72 is for rev 2.1. You cannot flash a bios from different revisions. For example, from bios F1, you can go to F2-F9. If your card comes with bios F70, you can flash bios F71 to F79 (if available). Also, anything other than Rev1.0 is voltage locked.

Comment

Mmmmm!! Interesting!!! I hope mine is Rev 2.1!

Thanks man!
      Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 -CPU: Core i7 3820 - Memory: 4x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2000MHz, but @1866MHz - GPU: Gigabyte R7970 OC Volt Unlocked

Comment

Srr to barge in, but having some issues with Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD card, where can you locate the REV number on Gigabyte GFX cards? I cannot seem to find it from the circuit board now GPU-Z tool. Maybe I am blind.

PS. I already flashed the card with F31 BIOS from Gigabyte, maybe that tells us something about revision of the card?

Comment

in GPU-Z just under the name there is a revision box. Don't know if that is a card revision though... it's in the top right. I see a rev on my nVidia cards.

Vin
          Main Rig
          OS = Win10-64Bit
          CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
          Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
          MB = Asus ROG C6H
          GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
          HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
          PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
          Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
          OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
          CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
          Mem = 24GB RAM
          MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
          GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
          HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
          Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
          PSU = Corsair TX750
          Case = Define R5

Comment

Originally posted by sam0t View Post
            Srr to barge in, but having some issues with Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD card, where can you locate the REV number on Gigabyte GFX cards? I cannot seem to find it from the circuit board now GPU-Z tool. Maybe I am blind.

PS. I already flashed the card with F31 BIOS from Gigabyte, maybe that tells us something about revision of the card?

Comment

Thanks for the tip stasio, obviously I was scanning the wrong side of the card :|

My Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD GFX card is REV 1.0 , I will share this info with Gigabyte support with whom I have an ongoing support case.

I have been battling with boot loop issue occuring with REV 1.0 GA-Z68XP-UD4 and Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD for weeks now. I have also a thread going about it on UKI Gigabyte forums, GA-Z68XP-UD4 , Irregular boot loop issue after installing Gigabyte 7850 GFX card .

Maybe I will open a thread for it here in TweakTown forums as well for visibility, but now I will stop hijacking this thread.

Comment

Nooo! My thread! :P Just kidding hehe, no problem man!

My 7970 arrived this morning. Rev 1.0, with F2 Bios out-of-the-box. Thanks God it's voltage unlocked!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X