eSata-driver -installation w/o boot-cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSata-driver -installation w/o boot-cd

When i added my esata-drive the way it should be done at start it was the only hdd which was recognized. my system-drive was not seen. Could it be caused by the fact that i have an active systempartitition backed up there from a second pc? what should i do, set it inactive? backup that systempartition as a file(ghost used) instead.

driver-installation
    since i dont have a boot-cd to get the driver i must do this within windows. correct?
    What should be done first? can i set this systempartition inactive without removing it?
    a second empty partition was falsly set active recently after these events. i couldnt reverse this, had to remove the partition. Thanks a lot

Re: eSata-driver -installation w/o boot-cd

The only drive recognized where, Windows, or the BIOS?

What are you trying to do with the driver installation? Are you moving a system drive from another PC to the new board? If you need to install a driver on your system disk, don't connect your eSATA drive yet.

Also, if that board has hotplugging (which needs an AHCI driver) you don't need to have the eSATA drive connected when you start the PC.

You need to give us more information about what you are trying to do.

Comment

Re: eSata-driver -installation w/o boot-cd-After windows-setup is finished

1. have setup a new winxp-system and want to add my external mybook home-esata-drive.
      2. there are instructions about hotswapping using this driver and activating in cmos/bios.
      but in the instructions a boot-cd is needed. i only have driver-data on an usb-drive.

3. before starting do i have to set something in bios. there are two options in non-raid-section:ide-non-hotswapping or ahci(hotswapping)
      step 2: creating sataII driver -floppy-disk. etc.
      instructions of how to used this floppy-disk during installation.
      BUT IT IS ALREADY DONE. I had no reason doing this during windows-setup.
      Must be this:
      Adding esata-drive after windows-start and install the drivers.
      a) MB-drivers-those not yet done.
      b) WD-mybookhome-drivers
      Correct?

Comment

Re: eSata-driver -installation w/o boot-cd

This is your boards information and download page: ASRock > ALiveDual-eSATA2

Your board has two SATA chipsets, an Nvidia nForce 3, which is the primary SATA interface, and a JMicron secondary SATA interface, that provides the eSATA port.

Yes, you must install all the necessary drivers for that board and you new XP installation before you use your eSATA MyBook drive. You must install this driver for the eSATA port on your board to work with hot plugging: JMicron SATA2 driver ver:R1.17.23, with its SATA mode set to AHCI in the BIOS.

When all the mother board drivers are installed correctly, then install any software for the MyBook external drive.

Comment

Working...
        X