Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vcore on Z77P-D3

Hello people,

I just recently joined this board in my quest to solve this puzzle with my new mainboard. I have tried contacting Gigabyte directly on their website but haven't gotten an answer yet so i decided to post my problem here to see if anyone else has a solution for me.

I recently bought a GA-Z77P-D3 mainboard with a i5 3570K CPU and i bought this setup for some moderate OCing.

I installed everything, got windows 8 running and once i checked temps to see where i was running at stock, i decided it was time to start the OC. my goal is to go to aprox 4.5 Ghz on my Scythe big shuriken rev B. cooler and stay there for a 24/7 OC with all the power savings tools still enabled.

I started off with 4.0 Ghz OC and used Prime95 to test stability for 4 hours before going to the next step. Bumped to 4.1 Ghz after this and prime started to give errors so i decided to put in some more Vcore.

I went into the bios, and searched.....searched....searched and could not find any options to increase me Vcore whatsoever.

I searched all over the net and even trying to use 3Dpower to get my Vcore up to much avail. Today i found info that this motherboard does not support increasing Vcore or the so called "overvoltage" option and i got sad. i'm really not willing to throw down 80 Euro's down the drain to get a new mobo so i was wondering if anyone knows if Vcore adjustment is non existant on this board or that i'm overlooking something.

For the record i am willing to try modified bios updates if that makes it work for me, i'm not foreign to fixes like this. if someone is able to make a modded bios to help me out, here is the bios file that i currently use ( Z77P-D3 bios )

So i would be very happy if someone could help me out with this.

Tech
    Last edited by TechSC; 03-21-2013, 04:00 PM.

Re: Vcore on Z77P-D3

does it have the cpu voltage option? or dvid?

dvid will be unlocked if you set cpu voltage to normal

also easytune will let you raise cpu voltage from within windows
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Neither

I don't have Vcore, i don't have CPU voltage nor do i have Dvid in either bios or easy tune.

My options in bios or ET are

CPU Vtt
      CPU PLL
      IMC
      Dram Voltage

Comment

Unfortunately,
        all low bugdet boards do not have this posibility (even with different BIOS),
        due to lack of the hardware installed on the board (GIGABYTE 3D Power-Digital Voltage, Frequency and Phase Control) .
        Last edited by stasio; 03-22-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

in that case I would swap it for a z77 d3h board,its a budget board but capable of overclocking and will have those missing voltages
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Unfortunatly that's not an option for me since i already spend all my budget on these component. the company will charge me 25% refurbishment costs and then i will have to get the more expensive board.

Kinda dissapoints me if i may say so. In all my years of having AMD boards in my system ( sometimes as cheap as 30 euro's ) i always had the option to change my vcore so it kinda sucks that gigabyte doesn't incorporate such a simple fuction into a 80 euro costing board.

i'll have to do with my 4.0 Ghz OC then i guess for another year or so.

Thnx for the insights on this people :)

Tech

Comment

Working...
            X