Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z77 pro 3 Bios - North Bridge Config Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 pro 3 Bios - North Bridge Config Help!!

Since I purchased my computer, my GPU has been under performing. I am lucky to get anything higher than 30fps when gaming. Upon trying to figure out why I'm getting such low fps, I noticed that in the device manager, I have two video controllers: intel(R) HD Graphics and also the GTX 650. Is this normal? I am worried that my graphics card is being stifled by the on-board graphics. I also went through the Azrock BIOS and all the north bridge settings are set at the default values; is there anything that I need to change so that are no clashes between my mobo and video card?

Here are my specs:

i5 3570
    8gig DDR3
    GTX 650
    Azrock z77 pro 3

Sorry if this is a noob problem, I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything specifically to this issue :(

Re: Z77 pro 3 Bios - North Bridge Config Help!!

Does your board have more then one PCIe port?
    If so, which are you plugged into?
    (Could be that the port, or one of them, does not support the full spec or something like that.)

Comment

Originally posted by therube View Post
      Does your board have more then one PCIe port?
      If so, which are you plugged into?
      (Could be that the port, or one of them, does not support the full spec or something like that.)

It does have 2 PCIe ports, however only one of them is a PCIe 3.0x16 port which is what my gpu is connected to.

Comment

In Device Manager, set the Intel HD to Disabled, promptly reboot the machine afterward, and retest.

Is this a new build for you, or is it one that you bought already assembled?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by epoc View Post
          Since I purchased my computer, my GPU has been under performing. I am lucky to get anything higher than 30fps when gaming. Upon trying to figure out why I'm getting such low fps, I noticed that in the device manager, I have two video controllers: intel(R) HD Graphics and also the GTX 650. Is this normal? I am worried that my graphics card is being stifled by the on-board graphics. I also went through the Azrock BIOS and all the north bridge settings are set at the default values; is there anything that I need to change so that are no clashes between my mobo and video card?
          To disable iGPU in CPU:
          Go to BIOS and disable the "iGPU multi monitor", it's under advanced \ north bridge configuration.

In many modern games you can select primary videocard. Usually games select video adapter automatically.
          Last edited by Rale; 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM.
          Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            In Device Manager, set the Intel HD to Disabled, promptly reboot the machine afterward, and retest.

Is this a new build for you, or is it one that you bought already assembled?
            I bought the parts and had someone put it together for me. Thanks, I'll try this out!

Comment

Originally posted by Rale View Post
              To disable iGPU in CPU:
              Go to BIOS and disable the "iGPU multi monitor", it's under advanced \ north bridge configuration.

In many modern games you can select primary videocard. Usually games select video adapter automatically.
              If I disable the iGPU multi monitor, do I still also need to disable the intel HD graphics or will it no longer matter?

Comment

no longer matter, there will be no intel HD graphics in devices.
                Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by Rale View Post
                  To disable iGPU in CPU:
                  Good point Rale.
                  #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                  ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                  X