Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime Fans Here-->

:D Okay I have noticed there are some anime fans here...:thumb:
    I wasn't sure if there was any...I also use anime forums as well, but tend to spend most of my time at TT...
    So I cordially invite all otaku/anime fans alike to post whatever they want here...

"Hello and welcome anime fans...:wave: and to all other non-anime sceptics..."

No prob...:D I started this post and I don't mind going first...

Anime Convention very shortly, sorry about the late notice to anyone that might need more time and wanted to attend.

JAPANIME 2002
    SYDNEY: October 16 - October 21
    BRISBANE: October 24 - October 27
    MELBOURNE: October 30 - November 4

Sorry I should of posted this sooner... :o
    The premiere's include none other than the highly talked about Cowboy Bebop the movie, the gender bending Adolescence of Utena, Spirited away...Well! an array of anime...I admit by the look of the program true otaku's might have seen a large percentage of what's on offer at this convention, but I still think if you are local and want to go to the convention it will be worth it... :D

For more info...check out:

Japanime 2002

Comment

Maybe I am the only anime fan here...:cry: ...*sighs*

Comment

i know Morgan Lander is a fan...and "the_tweaker" but i haven't seen them in a while.
        - Damien

Comment

I am a anime fan. I love the bebop. hehe. and DBZ, speaking of dbz...I have to go in a minute to watch some dbz. w00t!

hmm, cannot tell cause your avatar is a little blurry...but is that from Akira! :?:

Comment

How can i have forgotten about Saidin...

Wasn't Dr.PB an anime fan aswell?
            - Damien

Comment

OK what is anime anyways??

Comment

Japanese animation, cartoons for the adult.

Although I am adult and I still like bugs and the gang and almost alll the cartoons that I liked when I was little. : peace2:

Comment

His pic is from NGE. Unit 1 is in the background.

Comment

*cough* her *cough*

Comment

Did someone say anime?:geek:

IMO, there seems to be a lot more attention to detail and the quality of anime than a lot of american 'toons. Simplistic generally when it comes to people, but the cool stuff comes in when you see mechanical items rendered: big robots, vehicles, space ships, etc.

Of course there is american stuff like Looney Toons (most WB stuff is pretty good)...but I cannot stand the Nicktoon style crap they pass off as animation. I know it's for kids, but the stuff I watched as a kid still is pretty good by today's standard (like G.I.Joe, He-Man, ThunderCats)

I'm actually a little scared to go to an anime convention. Seeing actual humans dressing up as an drawn character makes me grit my teeth---especially when you have not so slender people in tight spandex (or less). If I were to go to one, it would be the one stormybaka's told us about---I'm not gonna go from the US to AU for a convention (sorry guys)

:snip:

Comment

yeah, what will make you even more annoyed is that I heard they are making a live DBZ movie. not a cartoon movie, but with real actors....blah! I think it will end up in the same bin as street fighter and mortal kombat the movies....just utter crap!:thumbs do

Comment

Yes someone did say "anime"

*shudders* Anyone dressing up in spandex or as an anime character is scary...An hell no, I may lay claim to be an otaku and most likely spend too much money on anime, But I think I'd prefer death than to dress up as anime character...

I will be seeing the premiere of Cowboy Bebop movie tonight...Woohoo

Comment

I am hoping that will come to my local independent theater. I really want to see that on the big screen!!!! :)

Comment

I've heard good things about Cowboy Bebop, but I've got some other anime's to see: Serial Experiements Lain, Vandread, Gasaraki, Akira, and Armitage III.

Comment

Working...
                              X