B75M-ITX will not POST with PCI-E wifi card installled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B75M-ITX will not POST with PCI-E wifi card installled

I installed a Rosewill Wireless N PCI-E Adapter (RNX-N250PCe) in the 1 and only PCI slot on the B75M-ITX. System goes into a boot loop with and does not post. I have tried changing the BIOS and set it to Onboard Graphics, and also tried seting the PCI slot to Gen1 mode. Is there a way to get this card to work on this motherboard?

Re: B75M-ITX will not POST with PCI-E wifi card installled

If you remove the card, can you then again boot normally.

Others have run into the same situation:

Cons: Would not allow any of the desktops i have to post with this card installed. tried in 3 different machines with no luck

Cons: This card was DOA. After trying the card in two separate systems,

Cons: Out of the box, this card freezes the computer. IOW, once plugged in, the computer doesn't boot.
    Last edited by therube; 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Yeah computer boots up if I remove the card. I was reading some PCI-E 16x dont work well with PCI-E x1 cards, as some are setup only to accept graphics cards. I wanted to rule that out before I assume the card is bad. I might be able to try the card in another system.

Originally posted by therube View Post
      If you remove the card, can you then again boot normally.

Others have run into the same situation:

Cons: Would not allow any of the desktops i have to post with this card installed. tried in 3 different machines with no luck

Cons: This card was DOA. After trying the card in two separate systems,

Cons: Out of the box, this card freezes the computer. IOW, once plugged in, the computer doesn't boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Catt View Post
        Yeah computer boots up if I remove the card. I was reading some PCI-E 16x dont work well with PCI-E x1 cards, as some are setup only to accept graphics cards. I wanted to rule that out before I assume the card is bad. I might be able to try the card in another system.
        I put the card in another system Asrock B75M (MicroATX version not the ITX so it has 3 extra PCI slots) and the system boots up fine. So it must be an issue with the other Motherboard nott the card. Any thoughts?

Comment

Check the motherboard specifications in the mobo user manual to see if there are any warning notes or messages about connecting any non-video cards to the pci-e slot. Read you mobo user manual and search for wireless usb to see what information might be there.

You should be able to use a wireless usb 2T2R 300/300 B/G/N adapter.
          I've been using them for years with a 6 foot long usb cable to best position the adapter for optimal reception.
          Depending on your setup, you might be able to use a shorter usb cable.
          When connected to my usb 2.0 port, the speedtest.net maximum download speed is about 19MB/s with my 2T1R IOGear B/G/N adapter.
          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
            Check the motherboard specifications in the mobo user manual to see if there are any warning notes or messages about connecting any non-video cards to the pci-e slot. Read you mobo user manual and search for wireless usb to see what information might be there.

You should be able to use a wireless usb 2T2R 300/300 B/G/N adapter.
            I've been using them for years with a 6 foot long usb cable to best position the adapter for optimal reception.
            Depending on your setup, you might be able to use a shorter usb cable.
            When connected to my usb 2.0 port, the speedtest.net maximum download speed is about 19MB/s with my 2T1R IOGear B/G/N adapter.
            Yeah A USB adapter is my backup plan but I want to make sure there is no way to get this one to work first. I scanned the included manual and a downloaded one and did not see anything about it.

Comment

Working...
            X