No announcement yet.

LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray burner not showing up in BIOS for Boot priority adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray burner not showing up in BIOS for Boot priority adjustment

LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray burner not showing up in BIOS for Boot priority adjustment. I am using the AsRock 990FX Extreme 4 MoBo...very happy that I got that. One of the lasers on my old optical drive was not reading the DVDs but would read CDs with the CD laser, so I went and bought a new LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray burner...my OPERATING SYSTEM has virtually COMPLETELY FROZEN and even has very seasoned Microsoft technicians scratching their heads as to what could be wrong. Have any DVD Blu-ray burners had compatibility issues with AsRock BIOS before? Have LG Blur-ray player/burner corrupted operating systems. What is the fix so that I can boot from my optical drive and repair my operating system. I am running a dual boot config of Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate. Brand new Thermaltake build...I am literally hyper ventilating about this.

Update: Turns out that the LG Blu-ray player and the Manhattan Serial ATA Data Connector Red Color 3.3ft 1m is not compatible with the AsRock config that I have. By posting this maybe I will save someone 3 grueling days of Microsoft Technical Support. Respect due and much props to the last technician. I would be very grateful if someone(s) would recommend a compatible Blu-ray burner...Sony...???

Update Reflection: Funny because the Thermaltake Level 10 GT is designed by BMW Group and what the last 3 days seemed like, was years of wear and tear on a brand new car. Like someone stole my brand new V8 SUV and brings it back later with 100,000 miles on it. The freaking case handle is even now half detached from the case. There really should be a lawsuit for people and devices that destroy a humble person's computer...or at least trying to be humble.
    Last edited by AbdulHakeem1; 05-05-2013, 11:48 AM.

Re: LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray burner not showing up in BIOS for Boot priority adjustment

Here are some excerpts from the warranty. My question to you is after reading this product warranty would you want to do business with someone that would like to dodge responsibility for the damages caused by their defective product to your build? If you built a retail value $6,000 - $10,000 computer as I have done...would you be comfortable with installing this optical drive in your build when they are attempting to provide themselves an allowance out of responsibility for any damages to your build that their defective product causes? I will be seeking to request LG replace my entire build...my computer was brand new and now malfunctioning after this device the LG uh12ns29:

Limited Warranty (USA)
    LG CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM and DVD MULTI DRIVES
    LG Electronics will replace with a factory-reconditioned unit without charge. If your product proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, during the warranty period listed below from the date of original purchase. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as long as it is in the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii, and US Territories.

Model # - Serial Number
    Labor 1 year
    Parts 1 year
    How Service is Handled - If the unit is defective, a replacement* will be sent by 2-day air for the first year with the use of a credit card as surety. After one year, repair or a 2-day swap at a fixed charge. For exchange, please call 1-800-243-0000 (Monday ~ Friday, 7 a.m.~7 p.m. CT)

No other express warranty is applicable to this product. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN. LG ELECTRONICS USA INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS PRODUCT OR FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT.

Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

THE ABOVE WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
    1. Damages or problems which result from delivery or improper installation.
    2. Damages to the product caused by accident, vermin, fire, flood, alteration, misuse, abuse, or acts of God.
    Last edited by AbdulHakeem1; 05-05-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X