Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Clear CMOS - Number 30 appears inside

Hello,

Yesterday, i had a new hard disk in my computer. When I turn it on i accidently hit CMOS clear. Then the PC reboot but nothing appearson screen.
    Above the reset and power button I see a red number : 30.
    I tried to restart the computer nothing. I disconnect the power supply, wait1 min, reconnect and start the computer but nothing else.
    Can you help me ?

Thanks

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Clear CMOS - Number 30 appears inside

You did not list the parts you have in your PC, which makes it harder to discover the problem.

The Dr Debug code of 30 is "Reserved for ASL", but given the codes before and after 30, you could have a memory problem. When you installed the new HDD, something may have been moved or disconnected. Check all the cables, power and data, to your HDDs.

Open the PC and check all the power cable connections to the board. Check the memory sticks for correct mounting.

If that is all fine, disconnect power from the new HDD and see what happens when you start the PC.

If you did press the CMOS clear button, you may need to reset your BIOS values once you can get a display to the screen, since they are now set to default values.

Comment

Working...
    X