Z77 Extreme 4 died after reboot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme 4 died after reboot?

I have had this happen twice. This time (6-14-2013) I think its down for the count (24 hours ago).
    I did a reboot after being up for several months so I could do some general dusting. I rebooted to get a clean finish in case anything was pending as I sometimes put off reboots while working and this MB is a Server 2012 Hyper-V Server. I shut all VM's down and everything has been good since the last time it went to sleepy in April. No problems with anything. Great board.

Will not power up.
    USB LED on front of Case is lit.
    Replaced power supply as I needed it up.
    Still dark. except that light. No post, beeps etc.

Anyone know if there is a way to get it to start? Reset switch?

Last time in April I just waited a few hours and it decided to started up. This time it seems dark for good.
    Since I purchased through Amazon in Jan 2013 no use asking them to RMA. I contacted support by link to see if its possibly but maybe not as it talks about the supplier having to RMA - but Amazon just has a return policy and nothing more..
    I ordered a new one locally which is good, but really want to see if this one is still salvageable or can be repaired or jumped back to life. This server is a lifeline and want to try and get the system back up with minimal effect, other than MS possibly needing a Key update for the OS..

Anyone have this problem?

Michael

Re: Z77 Extreme 4 died after reboot?

Disconnect everything and then reconnect?

Then try a minimal start PSU CPU Mobo Ram.
    Mobo: ASrock Z77 Exteme4
    CPU: i5-3570K 4.2G
    CPU Heatsink : Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM: Ripjaw F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 2x4GB
    GFX: MSI GTX650
    PSU: Lepa 500W
    SSD: PNY XLR8 240GB (C:)
    SSD: OCZ Agiliity 3 240GB (refurb)
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 1TB
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Comment

Originally posted by renegade44 View Post
      Disconnect everything and then reconnect?

Then try a minimal start PSU CPU Mobo Ram.

New MB and all was perfect. Tried to power the old one up with min. but darkness. Just USB power to LED...

Good thing they still had them in stock at another store. NEVER buy one from Amazon. They do not know how to warranty them.

I tried to see if there was a reset switch but nothing there. Could have been anything. Gonna see if ASRock can RMA it to the 1 year warranty...

Comment

I don't buy from amazon. the probelm I have is you don't know who you are actually dealing with. Same thing with Newegg marketplace. I'll buy from Newegg just not from a store in the marketplace.
        Mobo: ASrock Z77 Exteme4
        CPU: i5-3570K 4.2G
        CPU Heatsink : Hyper 212 EVO
        RAM: Ripjaw F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 2x4GB
        GFX: MSI GTX650
        PSU: Lepa 500W
        SSD: PNY XLR8 240GB (C:)
        SSD: OCZ Agiliity 3 240GB (refurb)
        Storage: Seagate 7200.12 1TB
        Storage: Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Comment

A wild guess, but assuming I haven't missed anything in the explanation, could it be that a power spike made its way to your board and smashed your UEFI? Is the BIOS chip removable? I'd be tempted to have it checked out if I were you; that is, if it's replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
            A wild guess, but assuming I haven't missed anything in the explanation, could it be that a power spike made its way to your board and smashed your UEFI? Is the BIOS chip removable? I'd be tempted to have it checked out if I were you; that is, if it's replaceable.

Power filtered and protected for spikes, brown outs and loss. Like I said it died during the restart.

Comment

Working...
            X