Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 - cannot install Intel Rapid Start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 - cannot install Intel Rapid Start!

I have clean installed windows 8 x64, downloaded all chipsets drivers, and cannot install the rapid driver. I used the Asrock utility to create a 16GB hibernation partition ( I have 16GB RAM) and it worked. In my 2.30 BIOS, it shows as the Rapid Start is ON, and it does not give the "rapid partition not found" since I made it with the utility.

I am in AHCI mode, I installed in AHCI mode, and it just doesn't work. "Platform not supported"

help?

Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 - cannot install Intel Rapid Start!

Interesting that ASRock has Rapid Start on their Intel 6 series chipset boards, like the Z68, since Intel does not seem to list this feature for their own Z68 boards.

It seems like you followed the instructions correctly, use the ASR utility first, create the partition and then install the driver. Any reboots mentioned in the instructions are requThat differs from Intel's version for their boards, there does not appear to be a driver for RS, just a utility.

I'll provide the link to Intel's RS guide, which I'm NOT saying you should follow, but may provide some further information or insights: http://download.intel.com/support/mo..._guide_v13.pdf

You did not list any of your hardware, but Intel only mentions using a SSD for RS.

There also seems to be a step in the Intel guide if you use the Intel IRST driver as your AHCI driver.

A fine detail, the size of the Hibernation partition must be at least 16,384MB, the true size of 16GB of memory.

Comment

Working...
    X