Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - No HDMI audio device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - No HDMI audio device

I'm running windows 8 (64-bit if it matters) on an ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 motherboard, but I have a peculiar issue when I use HDMI video output using the onboard HDMI port. Whenever I am using it, there is no audio feed to the television, and under playback devices on the sound settings (with show disabled and disconnect devices marked), I do not see any option to set the sound to go through HDMI.

I've installed the latest drivers for my on-board VGA (Intel Graphics HD 3000), the latest Realtek drivers, and even the latest nVidia drivers, even though I'm not using the HDMI port on my video card (I don't have any adapter for the mini hdmi ports these cards use; Why is it that laptops come with normal hdmi ports but a video card for a stationary desktop uses an unusual smaller port, anyway?).

I wasn't sure if HDMI audio would be handled by the realtek chips or the onboard VGA that runs the HDMI, so I made sure both were up to date.

Any suggestions? Maybe some BIOS setting I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Re: Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - No HDMI audio device

HDMI audio requires drivers for the graphics card (whether GPU or iGPU), and afaik it doesn't use another sound card or its drivers at all. You haven't been clear on whether your HDMI is set as your default device or not; a screenshot of the playback devices might help too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	753715
    Last edited by Shiari; 06-22-2013, 05:59 AM. Reason: fixed screenshot

Comment

Re: Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - No HDMI audio device

Well if you read the post I actually said it doesn't show up as a device at all under playback... That's what the name of the thread says...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	753716

So I can't set it at the default device. The problem says that it doesn't show up as a device. The only explanation I really can have is that some reason this board's onboard HDMI just doesn't output audio, which doesn't seem that likely to me.

Comment

Working...
      X