P67 Extreme6 USB boot problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme6 USB boot problems

I'm having a problem with one of my SSD's (OCZ Agility 3 120GB). After a few reboots it just disappears, so I thought I'd try giving it a FW update.

Here's my problem. Upon boot, USB ports gets loaded/connected, but as soon as post bios screen is gone it disconnects all usb ports until it's in Windows log on screen where it re-connects again.

Problem is, to enter this updater i boot from a USB stick. It loads fine, it's just that it seems to disconnect all usb un****, so I can't use my mouse, nor my keyboard. How do I solve this?

.iso from the stick still works and that's connected to the one of the fron usb ports, wtf?

Both are connected to 2.0 and I'm running latest beta FW for my mobo.

Re: P67 Extreme6 USB boot problems

Try the usb legacy support setting in the bios. Also check that all your cables are seated properly, could be related to the SSD disappearing.

Comment

Re: P67 Extreme6 USB boot problems

Tried all possible combinations, no matter what I couldn't get the USB ports to work as they should. I was trying to flash my disk, but not sure if it did it properly. After that flash the system just gave med bsods and reboots opon loading windows. Had to disconnect the disk and perform a cmos clear in order to get the system working again.

Comment

Working...
      X