B85M Pro4 + i5-4670K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B85M Pro4 + i5-4670K

I'm building a new system and interested in going the micro atx route. I found the B85M Pro4 board and saw the recent articles that ASRock supports overclocking K chips. Before I pull the trigger on this, I'm looking to confirm the i5-4670K can be overclocked. I'm not looking to break any records or try to cook my internals, I'm pretty new to overclocking but want to play around with it. Any thought or opinions on this?

I was also thinking of going with a GFX760 GPU. Can anyone suggest a comparable Radeon card? I'm not interested in CrossFire at this time, but 6-9 mo's down the road... maybe. Again, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Re: B85M Pro4 + i5-4670K

Originally posted by tincoyote View Post
    I'm building a new system and interested in going the micro atx route. I found the B85M Pro4 board and saw the recent articles that ASRock supports overclocking K chips. Before I pull the trigger on this, I'm looking to confirm the i5-4670K can be overclocked. I'm not looking to break any records or try to cook my internals, I'm pretty new to overclocking but want to play around with it. Any thought or opinions on this?

I was also thinking of going with a GFX760 GPU. Can anyone suggest a comparable Radeon card? I'm not interested in CrossFire at this time, but 6-9 mo's down the road... maybe. Again, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Any Intel 'K' CPU can be over clocked, that is what the 'K' means.

How well the B85 boards will OC any K CPU is not known yet, but if ASRock states it works, it should. I see now that ECS and Gigabyte have announced their 8 series chipset boards like the B85 will also allow over clocking, so it seems that Intel has opened this up with all mother board manufactures.

IMO, and I imagine others too, the new Haswell CPUs (4000 series) are more difficult to OC than earlier Intel CPUs. The OC settings are very different, and keeping these CPUs cool is difficult, particularly when OC'd.

Comment

Working...
    X