Overclocking CPU using AXTU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking CPU using AXTU!

I'm trying to OC my i7 2600k, and set it to 4.0ghz at the moment. After trying out some heavy CPU games.. the software AXTU that come with Asrock board is showing that the CPU is jumping back and forth from 1.6ghz to 4.0ghz every few sec. I tried CPUZ and it also show me this ..except in interval of 15-20 sec. To make it clear the CPU was running at 4.0ghz like it suppose to while under load from the games and stress test (hyperpi), only when i close these application does this problem occur. THe CPU temperature on the other hand is cool like it should be at idle 1.6 ghz. I'm assuming while it is idle it is downclock my CPU to 1.6GHz.. But why does it show the erratic jumping in my CPU speed? Is this something i should be concern about? .. a lot of people told me OC cpu through software can sometime be wonky..is this what's happening here? THx in advance

* I have tried turning off speed step in bios.
    Last edited by longmachao; 07-17-2013, 09:06 PM.

Re: Overclocking CPU using AXTU!

Hi longmachao, this is normally because of power savings. You probably have C-states enabled in the BIOS and your processor may spend some time at the lower frequency while going in and out of these power states. If it is not causing problems then don't worry about it.

FYI core clocks usually halt at times so don't run at all (0MHz) until they are needed again. When running with power savings the frequency can be changing thousands of times a second and a lot of software does not really show this.

Comment

Re: Overclocking CPU using AXTU!

thankyou for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X