Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme4 970 Front Panel Detection Oddities

Hi Guys,

So I've been on the Extreme4 970 for bout a year and some now. The board has been completely flawless asides from a niggling little issue where whenever something is plugged into the front panel's audio out and mic in ports the system would cycle through detecting and not-detecting the ports. The system basically thinks that the headphone/mics are being inserted and pulled out continuously. Been trying to find a solution via google but have never been able to nail something down that works.

I'm currently on driver 6.01.6699 with Windows 8. I've played with all the disable/enable front panel jack detection but have yielded no results.

Could someone please shed some light on this issue? I just picked up a new headset that basically requires me to use the front panel and not the rear.

Thanks in advance guys,

Jason.

Re: Extreme4 970 Front Panel Detection Oddities

I've had that issue but with a totally different board and probably a totally different case. For me, the only way to not have this happen that I could find, was to not use HDAudio but AC97 for the FP connector and the corresponding bios setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiari View Post
      I've had that issue but with a totally different board and probably a totally different case. For me, the only way to not have this happen that I could find, was to not use HDAudio but AC97 for the FP connector and the corresponding bios setting.

Hi Shiari,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently using a Coolermaster CM690 II V2 for a case and I think the connector for the front panel is only for HD Audio. I'll have to check tonight after I get off work to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jpcl View Post
        I'm currently using a Coolermaster CM690 II V2 for a case and I think the connector for the front panel is only for HD Audio. I'll have to check tonight after I get off work to make sure.
        Should be alright ... looking at the specs on Cooler Master: CM 690 II (ver.2) it supports AC97 and HDAudio. Also, I've yet to see a case that doesn't have those both connectors for its front panel audio.

Comment

Working...
        X