A7V333 RAID 0,1,ATA133 support?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7V333 RAID 0,1,ATA133 support?????

I just got this board today and I'm going nuts trying to get it installed. I don't want it to use the raid stuff but I need the extra ide ports to function as ata133 so I can use my hard drives on them like I could on the A7V133 board. My regular ide ports are all filled up with cd-rom drives. Does anyone know of a way to get the 2nd set of ide ports to fire up as ata133 and not as a raid aray? I thought that this board supported either choise. Any help would be much welcomed.

In the BIOS is usually where you select to use the controller as a RAID setup or just a standard IDE controller (some have a jumper though so check the motherboard manual). Now even though you use it as a standard IDE controller to Windows it will still look like a RAID/SCSI setup and XP will require the controllers drivers when starting the setup. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I don't think that board will support using the raid channels as standard ide. The manual says moving the jumper disables raid and ata133.

Comment

Ok just went thru the manual and yes the jumper must be set to enable the controller but you must load the Promise IDE drivers first to be able to boot from a drive attached to this. Windows setup has to be done as if you were settin' up a SCSI setup (press F6 when asked to do so in XP setup). : peace2:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cheers:

I did a lot of searching and found a good modded bios and the promise drivers. Put them on a floppy and installed them before XP. This board is runing really great now. I finished up the install today and this machine ireally rock solid and steady. Thanks for the help guys. Now I have all 4 of my machines back up on line. This board replaced a GA7DXR board that was nothing but trouble. I set it back to the factory. Got tired of the lock ups all of the time. It never was a happy board. I've always had real good luck with Asus boards though. This board was a little tricky to get going but now its all set up right. Well thanks again.

Comment

Hey n/p's and glad it's what ya expected. Good luck :thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X