Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usb to firewire adapter??

is there one out there?

im looking to plug in an ipod firewire into a pc with only usb, can i do this without getting a firewire card (its a pc at work so i can't just open it up and throw one in) :(

I don't think anybody makes one. I know that this doesn't help, but I didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

Comment

no prob, thats the answer im getting elsewhere also, :(

well it was worth a shot

thanks

Comment

critique, intended only as commentary. i'm not an expert, and i'm not pissing on anyone's shoes.

editorial: "plastic shards"? this case is put together using broken pieces of plastic? "shard" is an unfortunate word choice.

technical: your conclusion lists the ATA100 interface in the middle. perhaps listing it at either end would indicate the baseline with more clarity.

also: a percentage spread between USB and Firewire is helpful (but not critical) in comparing speed differences.

and: the conclusion is a bit murky. It would appear that ATA100 transfer speeds are more than double the Firewire/ USB option. But what is 49855 for the ATA-100 drive? An arbitrary number? Bytes per second? And is it measuring a direct IDE connection (as one might suspect)?

finally: a suggestion for a (future) review would be to compare all enclosures (USB/ IEEE 1394/ et. al.) and determine the one which preserves the most speed of its potential.

EDIT:when repling to a post please use the "Post Reply" button and not the "New Thread" button. ;)

Comment

Now this ain't the right forum for this so I'll just place it where it should be. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X