Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

Hello, I'm using an Avermedia AVerTV CaptureHD PCIe (H727) but it's not being detected by bios and any software.

This is the card here: AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Live IPTV Streaming Encoder, Video Capture Card, Media Player and Multimedia Products - AVerTV CaptureHD

The Avermedia card does not work in any slot of my motherboard Asrock, is detected by the bios and then no longer be recognized after a restart \ shutdown. The slots work since I have no problems with other expansion cards (I tried a raid controller, a sound card, firewire and usb controller controller).
    The Avermedia card works perfectly on an Asus Z68 v-pro and one of the 990FXA ud3 gigabyte, then exclude malfunction. I tried with a new asrock z77 extreme 4 (with i3 2100) and manifest the same problems that I have on my system.

I've tried changing the bios \ northbridge car, gen1, gen2, gen3 (which still is not suppurtato from my Sandy), there are always problems, I have also tried with default settings, resetting the bios, and re-flash but problems remain there.

I contacted customer service Asrock on August 13 but have not received answers. Can anyone help me out here?
    Last edited by TomJ; 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM.

Re: Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

I had a similar issue with my Asrock board, but with a specific USB 3.0 card. It somehow conflicted with the onboard audio. You might try, if you haven't already, just the Avermedia card, video card, and try to disable onboard sound just to test it. See if that might work. I have successfully used 4 different brands of tuner cards in this board without problems. There is probably something not making connection with your card and motherboard. Asrock tech support offered me no helpful suggestions...good luck!

Comment

Thanks for your reply, in fact I forgot to mention that the integrated audio, the integrated vga are disabled. Currently I only have USB ports, sata and lan :)
      I almost lost I also hope in the help of asrock support , hope I am wrong, apart from this problem the motherboard is fantastic !!!

Comment

tomorrow I will bring a new Extreme4, so I repeat the tests with the third motherboard of that type. I will update you, for now, the customer service does not respond, I was hoping for more "care" of the customer: (
        Last edited by TomJ; 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomJ View Post
          Hello, I'm using an Avermedia AVerTV CaptureHD PCIe (H727) but it's not being detected by bios and any software.

This is the card here: AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Live IPTV Streaming Encoder, Video Capture Card, Media Player and Multimedia Products - AVerTV CaptureHD

The Avermedia card does not work in any slot of my motherboard Asrock, is detected by the bios and then no longer be recognized after a restart \ shutdown. The slots work since I have no problems with other expansion cards (I tried a raid controller, a sound card, firewire and usb controller controller).
          The Avermedia card works perfectly on an Asus Z68 v-pro and one of the 990FXA ud3 gigabyte, then exclude malfunction. I tried with a new asrock z77 extreme 4 (with i3 2100) and manifest the same problems that I have on my system.

I've tried changing the bios \ northbridge car, gen1, gen2, gen3 (which still is not suppurtato from my Sandy), there are always problems, I have also tried with default settings, resetting the bios, and re-flash but problems remain there.

I contacted customer service Asrock on August 13 but have not received answers. Can anyone help me out here?
          I have the same Tv Tunner card and is working almost perfectly on an 970 Extreme 4. I have another issue and the motherboard is the fault (i have checked the tv tunner card on 2 other motherboards). it doesn't work PCIE- Wakeup. to start my PC with the remote of the tv tunner. it works only when i shut down my pc whithin the windows. if i shut down my pc with the remote, after shutting down it instantly powers back on.I checked the tv card on other 2 different mobo's and it worked like a charm.Your problem is wierd. you checked the tv card on other mobo's and it worked perfecly but you also checked other PCIE different cards on this mobo and they worked perfectly. so you really don't know who to blame of.

Comment

hello guy, i have news. The Avermedia Seems card works fine when i remove the amd hd 7850. I have tried to change the bios option but the problems remain, if i remove the vga avermedia get back to the works ..
            I think it is official there are incompatibilities, see if asrock help me to solve the problem or if I will have to change motherboard

Comment

Dear TomJ,

Because we don't have the same Avermedia card at our side, I'll do the test with other TV card.

If this issue is related the Avermedia TV card, I'll try to borrow it from Avermedia and then check it.
              Sorry for the inconvenience.

After doing the test, I'll update the result to you.
              Thanks!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD
              Emily

Comment

Thanks for your support! The problem seems to occur when it is inserted into the slot also the video card, a hd 7850hd (sapphire), at least the first tests it seems that without the vga card tv works well .. I look forward to news and thank you again

Comment

TomJ,

Your motherboard PCIe is v3.0. Maybe the Avermedia card is confused with this. Leave your video card in, but turn off the PCIe3 in the BIOS and try it. If that doesn't work, put the video card in the 2nd PCIe slot and the tuner card in a 1x slot. Your 16x mb slots are (16x,0x - ?strange?) or (8x, 8x). Maybe the video card in slot 1 connects at 16x and shuts down slot 2 (0x). You stated earlier that you disabled onboard audio (sound card installed?) so be sure to try these tests without any other cards installed. I'm glad that AsRock finally responded to your problem. Good Luck!

Comment

hi steveherdt, thanks for the support!
                    I will try to also remove the sound card discrete left disabled by the bios integrated. I move the avermedia in the first x16 slot and the second I put the radeon, bios imposed by the avermedia gen1 (also try gen2) and the vga on gen2, both cards will go to 8x max. I hope to resolve, some time ago I used the vga in 8x and being viewport performance with C4D I noticed a tad bit lower: (

Comment

Dear TomJ,

Because we don't have the same Avermedia TV card, I tested Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card (PCIE1) and HD7850 (PCIE2) on Z77 Extreme4 with BIOS P2.90.
                      Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card link: AVerMedia MPD USA - PCTV tuner card - HDTV tuners - HD Capture - Live TV on iPad - HD Media Player - Live IPTV Streaming Encoder -Video Capture Card - Live Gamer HD

When testing with default settings, the capature card can be recognized normally after rebooting or shutdown.
                      I did the test for 20 times, but I didn't see the symtpom. The capture card can be recognized each time.

Did you try to install the capture card and Sapphire HD7850 to another system to check if the symptom still exist?
                      Please also refer to below suggestions to try.
                      1. Update the latest BIOS P2.90 from below link to try.
                      Link: ASRock > Z77 Extreme4
                      2. If possible, please try another VGA card to check if this issue is related to HD7850.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD
                      Emily

Comment

Hello guys, first of all thank the asrock support for assistance.

The version of the bios is 2.90 (the latest in practice). I tried to move the avermedia in the first slot pci-e 1x (one near the cooler cpu), the video card sapphire hd 7850 in the second slot pci-e 16x (near the bottom of the case) and I noticed that in this way the TV tuner is recognized without any problems (at least from experiments made in the day today).
                        But there are two problems with this configuration:
                        1: I have less slots for installing expansion cards coming
                        2: I am concerned that after disabling: the integrated video card, smart connect, and other functions useless for me, I press F10 to save and restart the pc. The monitor connected to the radeon no signal is received. I am forced to reset the bios to factory defaults to be able to see something on the screen.
                        Tomorrow should bring a PC and then try to revive even a 4870 vapor-x, I will update soon ... I am desperate

Comment

hello guys, i've more news.. I take 4-5 day for testing pc and i write a report..

Comment

Hello guys, finally the card works at 100%. The problem lay in the asrock bios, pressing the clearCMOS was not restored to the vcore @ stock but remained too low. I removed the battery and finally the vcore was reset and now everything works perfectly. Thank you for the suggestions and I thank in particular the technical support Asrock!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	u7jd.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	753942
                              Enable C1E, disable 3 and 6
                              Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X