Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 rebooting and freezes

Hi,

Friday i recieved my new hardware but i encountered some problems. After searching the internet for couple of hours i still dont have a clear answer or idea on what the problem is and how to fix it.

Here is the hardware:
    Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0
    Be-Quiet Pure Power L8-400W
    AMD FX 6300
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V UDIMM
    I put everything together and then installed windows 8 64Bit. While the installation was going i thought i noticed a early reboot while installing but it was my first time installing windows 8 so didnt think anything of it. But after installation was complete and i was searching the net for drivers and programs to download the system rebooted again. This went on a couple of times and i thought maybe the installation didnt go as supposed. So i formatted my disk and installed windows 7 64 Bit. All went good and i thought i fixed the problem.

Then the system froze and i needed to press the power button to shut it down. I looked up the event and it was coded kernel-power 41 (63). On the net it said it could be a compatibility issue so i updated my Bios to 1.30. And then everything went south, my pc starts and hangs after 20sec (cant even boot windows) and can get in bios but only for 20 sec before it freezes again.

Does anyone here know the cause of this rebooting and freezes of my system and maybe know a solution?
    I hope you can help me

Thanks,
    Jurrien

Re: Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 rebooting and freezes

Your problem is the Mainboard, got exactly the same problem!
    My rig:
    FX-6300
    GeiL DragonRam DDR3 1333 2x4GB
    Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0

There are no known fixes atm :/

Comment

I've installed Vista 32Bit just for testing.
      For me its working and stable at the moment, could you test it with Vista or Win7/8 32Bit, too?

Comment

Dear all,

We did stress test for a long time at our side, but we couldn't duplicate the freeze symptom.
        If possible, please try to change another DRAM to check if the symptom still occur.

If the problem still exist, please contact me via private message.
        I'll assist you in further.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your replies owned139 and Emily. I couldnt fix the problem so I brought my components back to the vendor, they are going to test the system for defects.
          I'll let you know what the results are and if the problem is fixed.

Gr,
          Jurrien

Comment

Dear Jurreburr,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

If the problem still cannot be solved later, please contact me via PM directly.
            Thanks!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD
            Emily

Comment

Hi,

The vendor found the problem, one of the memory modules didnt function properly. They are now replacing my memory with G.Skill memory modules for better compatibility.
              Next week ill get my PC back, ill notify u if the problem is fixed by replacing the memory.

Thanks,
              Jurrien

Comment

Originally posted by Jurreburr View Post
                Hi,

The vendor found the problem, one of the memory modules didnt function properly. They are now replacing my memory with G.Skill memory modules for better compatibility.
                Next week ill get my PC back, ill notify u if the problem is fixed by replacing the memory.

Thanks,
                Jurrien
                and?

Comment

Same here, my vendor detected a bad RAM and changed it.
                  Ive got it back and get the same problems :(
                  Ive also changed the RAM with another (M378B5773CH0-CH9) and still the same freezes :/

Comment

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but this is not an uncommon problem I discovered, and to find it here also is shocking.

I asked all the questions and it was either something I was dong or the ram was faulty or something.

Went on till the board ran out of warranty, now I too have a unless motherboard unless I reformat and run nothing on it.

Runs 32 bit for a while then becomes unusable, then 64 dies quickly.

Is this what can be expected from Asrock?

What a joke, what a waste of money and a HUGE waste of my personal time.

I have better things to do.

Thanks for nothing Asrock...

Comment

I've been suffering in the same problem.

It happened to me after I got a board exchange service for an internal sound problem.
                      (that time, no sound at all even though I see the speaker icon alive in Windows)

Anyway, the new board has been making more critical problem - system freezing, sudden reboot...

I found that it happens more often when I run

- adobe premier media edit application

- video clips with sound

- youtube with sound

So I tried running my computer with internal HD audio being turned off and you know what?

The critical problem went away...but I have to use my computer without any sound... :(

The vendor here in KR doesn't seem to be an expert about this problem...well...honestly they don't seem to try

to figure out the cause of this problem.

Now I'm requesting board exchange but no answers from the vendor for days.

Here you can refer to the video clip of sudden reboot while I'm using media edit application.

ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0system halt, reboot, malfunctionthis problem started after I get board exchange service from on-board sound problem.more critical than so...

very easy to repeat this situation

(bought this the end of Sep., 2013,exchanged from audio problem in May., 2014 and have been suffering from this freezing problem since June, 2014)

I'm so disappointed with ASRock board and customer service in KR.

Comment

Asrock obviously dont want customers. I've ordered a nice new Gigabyte M/B to replace it.

Damned if I'll buy another Asrock, I'm finished with that company. Asrock, you've lost me forever..!

Originally posted by Steve2013 View Post
                        I've been suffering in the same problem.

It happened to me after I got a board exchange service for an internal sound problem.
                        (that time, no sound at all even though I see the speaker icon alive in Windows)

Anyway, the new board has been making more critical problem - system freezing, sudden reboot...

I found that it happens more often when I run

- adobe premier media edit application

- video clips with sound

- youtube with sound

So I tried running my computer with internal HD audio being turned off and you know what?

The critical problem went away...but I have to use my computer without any sound... :(

The vendor here in KR doesn't seem to be an expert about this problem...well...honestly they don't seem to try

to figure out the cause of this problem.

Now I'm requesting board exchange but no answers from the vendor for days.

Here you can refer to the video clip of sudden reboot while I'm using media edit application.

ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0system halt, reboot, malfunctionthis problem started after I get board exchange service from on-board sound problem.more critical than so...

very easy to repeat this situation

(bought this the end of Sep., 2013,exchanged from audio problem in May., 2014 and have been suffering from this freezing problem since June, 2014)

I'm so disappointed with ASRock board and customer service in KR.

Comment

I've been suffering from the same problem unfortunately.

My setup is :
                          ASRock 970 Pro R3
                          AMD FX 6300
                          AMD Radeon R7

It all started with reboots and escalated quickly with sudden freezes that have symptoms like Screen Freeze but not blue screen just freeze, audio freezes too, and CPU has sudden bursts and overheats.

And the stupid thing is that it only freezes on simple stuff like when I surf, or code, and even in BIOS.

Stay away from ASRock.

Comment

Working...
                          X