Gigabit Intel LAN 1217V not supported on Windows Server 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabit Intel LAN 1217V not supported on Windows Server 2012

On my new ASROCK z87 EXTREME4 MB, I just installed windows 2012 and it does not want to install the driver for the built in LAN.
    Am I correct to say that there is no driver for Windows 2012 server? ANYBODY?

Re: Gigabit Intel LAN 1217V not supported on Windows Server 2012

Originally posted by riad63 View Post
    On my new ASROCK z87 EXTREME4 MB, I just installed windows 2012 and it does not want to install the driver for the built in LAN.
    Windows Server 2012 is a real headache with drivers given what I have heard about it.

It looks like the Intel network driver ASRock provides for your (and my) board is 18.2, which is not the latest. I don't use Server 2012, and the best I can offer you is to try one of the latest versions on this page:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...&FamilyId=2280

Try the 18.6 or 18.5 version. FWIW, 18.6 installs on my Z87 Ex 6 board that has I217V and I211 network chips, using Windows 8. I suggest checking the Release Notes and Read Me files for each version.

Comment

Originally posted by riad63 View Post
      Hello, did you found a way to make it work? Thanks

Comment

maybe this will help: Intel i217-V network drivers for Windows Server 2012 R2 | Nearly Deaf
        ---
        Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
        X