Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AsRock wants to get the mainboard exchange due to the following problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock wants to get the mainboard exchange due to the following problems.

I sent AsRock tech support the following:

This is a brand new PC (thank God) and am a heavy PC user. However,

1. After putting the PC to sleep, and even while sleeping and after coming out of it, Windows Event Views daily shows the following errors :

1. I keep getting this error using Sleep: "The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S5). This can result in reduced resume performance. " [It also shows the same with S4.]

This happens even if i do not use FastBoot. And if i do select that, then sometimes coming out of Sleep results in a blank screen and no responsiveness to kybrd input. Fans run and mobo lights are on, but nothing else.

2. Trying to install the AMD all in 1 driver ver:12.8 driver (Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista(12.8)b.zip) results in an unsigned driver error, and a recurrence of the following error: "The AODDriver4.2.0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source."

The advice I received (from "Eric") and followed was to load the BIOS defaults and download the driver from our website. I did the former and the latter is the same driver i installed, or tried to fully install, more than once. For it was during the installation the Windows stopped it due to an unsigned driver.

The next response i received was "Thanks for your input. At this point I would like get the mainboard exchange. Our customer service will contact you, and issue you a RMA# for return. You should hear from them shortly."

But it seems to me that this should not be that serious as to require an exchange. Any help is welcome.
    Last edited by PeaceByJesus; 09-12-2013, 08:42 AM.
Working...
X