Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock B85M-ITX with intel 4570

Hi all,

Im having trouble with a build I am doing. I bought an Asrock B85M-ITX motherboard with a intel 4570 CPU and 8 GB DDR3 memory. Ive put the system together In a cooler master L120 case, and when I turn it on, the power supply fan starts and the cpu fan starts but I am not seeing anything posting. Nothing comes up on the screen. Im guessing Im doing something wrong, just not sure what it is. It is possible that the motherboard is bad? Ive reseated the memory and unplugged/replugged everything back in except the cpt/heatsink and fan (using stock intel fan).

Im wondering if the motherboard is bad. It seems like everything is plugged in correctly. Any ideas on what I might try? Shouldnt I see something on the screen?

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,
    Tom

Re: ASrock B85M-ITX with intel 4570

No such case as a Cooler Master "L120", do you mean Elite 120?

What power supply are you using, and do you have the four pin ATX 12V CPU power cable connected, which is required.

What are you using for the video source, the built in video on the CPU, or a video card?

Comment

Whoops sorry, it is the elite 120 by cooler master. I have an ocz 600W power supply hooked up and I do have the 4 pin atx plug into the motherboard. I also have a sapphire 7870 video card crammed in there as well as a samsung 830 SSD drive (120 GB). I have 8 GB 1 DIMM of ADATA DDR3 1600 240 pin desk top ram.

When I turn it on, nothing lights up on the motherboard, but the power supply fan and the cpu fan spin quietly. Nothing posts to my monitor. I have it hooked up via DVI.

Things I thought about are: do I need 2 dimms? I tried to hook the monitor to both the motherboard video and the video cards video output. I get nothing, though.

I really appreciate your help on this!!!!

thanks again,
      Tom

Comment

Ok, one DIMM is fine to use, but usually the manual suggests using the second slot for a single DIMM, slots A2 or B2. Your board only has two, so try A2.

Did you check that the exact model number of your ADATA memory is in the board's Memory Support list? Five 8GB 1600 models are listed, so you may have a match.

Any chance you have the mini-speaker connected to the board so you can hear the BIOS beep codes?

At first, I would try removing the video card and just use the onboard graphics to see if you can get the board to POST and get into the BIOS.

Comment

Ugggh! No luck so far with this. I tried all of the above. I even disconnected and reconnected everything. I did notice that when I took the cpu out, there was a bent pin. I was able to bend it back in place with a small pin and a magnifying glass, but that didnt help. Wont post at all. Tried another psu and that didnt help. the motherboard also doesnt have an input for a motherboard speaker so I cant tell from the beeps. All I can see is the fans on the cpu and the psu power up, but alternate shutting down. They go on and off every 20 seconds or so. nothing is posting.

Im hoping its the motherboard as the cpu is more expensive. Do you think newegg will take the motherboard back?

Thank you in advance for your help with this!! Any other thoughts are much appreciated!!!

Tom
          Last edited by tlucca; 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X