Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD Led on PC-7FNWX

hi,

I bought the case PC-7FNWX, but I do not see the HDD Led, is not there? And, if not, how can I do to monitor the operation of the HDD? Is there a kit?

thanks

Re: HDD Led on PC-7FNWX

Originally posted by sg13040 View Post
    hi,

I bought the case PC-7FNWX, but I do not see the HDD Led, is not there? And, if not, how can I do to monitor the operation of the HDD? Is there a kit?

thanks
    No one who can give me a solution? Possible that Lian Li has produced new Case without HDD Led, without giving an alternative solution?

Comment

>>>link<<<

Last edited by torr3nt; 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify your question, is the HDD LED not there, or is it just not turning on?

Please see my crude MS paint job, to see where the HDD LED should be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7fn HDD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	753927

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
          Just to clarify your question, is the HDD LED not there, or is it just not turning on?

Please see my crude MS paint job, to see where the HDD LED should be.

[ATTACH]6226[/ATTACH]
          No, there are no LEDs to indicate where you are. The only two LEDs are the Power and Reset that are at the top of the Case.

Comment

That is strange. Could you take the front panel off of your case and then take a picture of the front end of the chassis? If you could post that picture up, it would help a lot to figure out the problem.

Thanks

Comment

I apologize for the intrusion, I think you're making confusion between the PC-7FN version and the PC version 7FNWX.
              The first has the dedicated led, the second uses the same reset button.

This is confirmed by the link in my previous message, by the review of coolenjoy

and the same images on this site global Lian Li:
              Following the release of the GA II LCD, we've been tracking what users are sharing and gathering feedback from everywhere. Please know that its screen is 100% tested during production to ensure every unit is free of defects.However, if you…

Following the release of the GA II LCD, we've been tracking what users are sharing and gathering feedback from everywhere. Please know that its screen is 100% tested during production to ensure every unit is free of defects.However, if you…

Probably if the reset button does not work as hdd-led is a problem of the same button or of cable connection.

Sorry if I wrote wrong things.

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by torr3nt View Post
                I apologize for the intrusion, I think you're making confusion between the PC-7FN version and the PC version 7FNWX.
                The first has the dedicated led, the second uses the same reset button.

This is confirmed by the link in my previous message, by the review of coolenjoy

and the same images on this site global Lian Li:

Probably if the reset button does not work as hdd-led is a problem of the same button or of cable connection.

Sorry if I wrote wrong things.

Best Regards
                You are absolutely right. Thanks for catching my mistake. :)

The PC-7FNWX does not have an LED indicator on the front panel (as does the PC-7FN), but rather on the top panel the reset button acts as the HDD loading LED indicator.

So, sg13040, does the reset button on top of the case light up when the HDD is loading? If not there might be a wire or wiring problem. Please let me know, so we can see if replacement wires to be used.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                  That is strange. Could you take the front panel off of your case and then take a picture of the front end of the chassis? If you could post that picture up, it would help a lot to figure out the problem.

Thanks
                  Here the required images:
                  1. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1223.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	753929

Comment

Here the required images:
                    1. [ATTACH]6228[/ATTACH]
                    2. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1230.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	753930

Comment

2. [ATTACH]6229[/ATTACH]
                      3. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1239.jpg
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	753931

Comment

Then maybe I understand it is a problem of incorrect connections, in the previous post I posted the picture where you see how I connected the cables, it may not go well.

I also wanted to ask for the code of this accessory to make an order:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1243.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	753932

Thanks

Comment

3. [ATTACH]6230[/ATTACH]
                          It is plugged in the right place. Can you check to see if the orange and white wires inside the black "HDD LED" plastic piece are fully inside the piece - not loose? Does the power button light up, or is that not lighting up too?

Comment

I reversed the insertion of the plug, HDD + is now on the orange wire. The result is that now when the HD works, the Reset LED flashes. The Power LED light up, but do not flashes.

Comment

I reversed the insertion of the plug, HDD + is now on the orange wire. The result is that now when the HD works, the Reset LED flashes. The Power LED light up, but do not flashes.
                              If the reset button is flashing orange when the HDD is working then everything is working fine. :) The reset button is the HDD loading LED indicator on this case. The Power LED light, is not suppose to flash. It should just stay on. Looks like everything is working fine.

I am checking now to see where the case feet you posted are available near you. Will get back to you soon on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X