Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Motherboard doesn't see my RAM mhz, Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Motherboard doesn't see my RAM mhz, Please help.

Hello everyone,
    A few days ago I bought an ASRock N68C-GS FX Motherboard and 4 GB of DDR 3 with 1333 MHz. After I installed the system again, (I run on Windows 7 x64), I downloaded a program called CPU-Z to see if the motherboard unlocked the extra cores from my CPU, and when I checked the Memory section and I saw that the DRAM Frequency was only 535 MHz, my CPU aswell runs on 803 MHz, and It's a AMD Phenom X2 550, unlocked to AMD Phenom II X4 B50 3.100 MHz.
    Could someome help me figure this out please?
    Thank you !

Re: My Motherboard doesn't see my RAM mhz, Please help.

Originally posted by Morariu Emanuel View Post
    Hello everyone,
    A few days ago I bought an ASRock N68C-GS FX Motherboard and 4 GB of DDR 3 with 1333 MHz. After I installed the system again, (I run on Windows 7 x64), I downloaded a program called CPU-Z to see if the motherboard unlocked the extra cores from my CPU, and when I checked the Memory section and I saw that the DRAM Frequency was only 535 MHz, my CPU aswell runs on 803 MHz, and It's a AMD Phenom X2 550, unlocked to AMD Phenom II X4 B50 3.100 MHz.
    Could someome help me figure this out please?
    Thank you !
    DDR memory means Dual Data Rate memory, dual meaning double, or two times. That means if the DRAM frequency is 500MHz, the memory speed is really 1000.

Your memory speed of 535MHz in CPU-Z means a memory speed of 1070, or a little above the standard 1066 DRAM speed.

Your 1333 memory (667MHz) is by default being set to 1066 (533MHz) by your board's BIOS. You will need to set the memory speed to 1333 in the BIOS.

Your CPU speed of 803MHz is probably caused by CPU power saving options enabled in the BIOS, and under low load, the CPU speed changes to 800MHz.

Comment

Working...
    X