No signal ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 with HD7000 cards, error 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No signal ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 with HD7000 cards, error 97

I have my 870 Extreme3 R2.0 now for about 1,5 years. In that time, it has seen the:
    • HD 4770
    • HD 4670
    • HD 6990
    • GTX 560

and it all worked perfectly. Really great motherboard from ASRock.

But, around 3 months ago, I got an HD 7790 from Gigabyte. Tried that card, and while fans are spinning and leds are working, I dont get any output on my monitor, not even POST or BIOS. Everything is connected. If I swap the 7790 for a 4670, everything works fine again.
    So I thougt, maybe a BIOS update would do it. Downloaded BIOS version 1.80 (the newest available, december 2011) and installed it in Windows... PC freezed while updating. So whole motherboard corrupt. RMA'd it and a few weeks ago (yes, I had no desktop for over 2 months!) I got it back with a new BIOS chip. Installed version 1.80 (via Instant Flash this time) and tried my HD 7790 again. Still doesn't do anything. The HD 7790 works great in any other system I tried.
    DR Debug shows error code 97, which means there is a problem with the output VGA PCI-E card - which is true.

Thought, maybe I just have a bad videocard. So I bought a HD 7950 from Club3D. And still the same problem: no signal, error 97. Tried with BIOS 1.60, 1.70 and 1.80 and no success at all. Switch on the HD7950 card does not make any difference.
    Still, the motherboard works great with non-HD7000 cards, and both the HD7950 and the 7790 works great with other systems. Just this combination does not work. And I'm not the only one who cannot run a HD7000 card with this motherboard: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...-870-mobo.html

ASRock, I'm thinking the problem is with PCI-E 3.0 or so, in combination with my 870 Extreme3 R2.0. I hope you can get a fix for this. Together it was very expensive and I just want to use my desktop again.

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Re: No signal ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 with HD7000 cards, error 97

Just got email form ASRock, with a special BIOS version (1.80B). Going to try that one when i'm home. Let you guys know if it worked.

Comment

Hello, I have exactly the same problem,

I just bought a HD7970 GHZ build by VTX 3D and have the same 97 error code,

Can you send me the 1.80B bios please ?

Comment

The 1.80 B BIOS worked for me! Thanks ASRock!

I dont think I can upload the BIOS here so everyone can download it. There must be a reason why this BIOS is not available for everyone, so I dont think its a good idea to upload the BIOS here.
        Anyone who is interested in the BIOS and knows the risks and accept that i'm not responsible for anything that can happen after flashing, can send me a PM.

Comment

Same problem here with my ASRock 880GMH/u3s3 and my HD 7950PCS+. But no answere from ASRock yet.

Comment

Asked ASRock if they can post the BIOS 1.80B to the BETA-zone, because I got PM's from more than 5 people the past weeks. Looks like they have done that!

So for everyone with this problem: take a look over here: ASRock > 870 Extreme3 R2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wemmenhove View Post
              Asked ASRock if they can post the BIOS 1.80B to the BETA-zone, because I got PM's from more than 5 people the past weeks. Looks like they have done that!

So for everyone with this problem: take a look over here: ASRock > 870 Extreme3 R2.0
              I had the same issue with the R9 270x and the BIOS Beta helps. Just register(ed?) here to inform you about your hero status for this week :P

And yes this thread is >1 year old. But it's still helpfull.

Comment

Working...
              X