ASRock B75M-DGS MoBo USB issues? newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock B75M-DGS MoBo USB issues? newbie questions

I have had to reinstall the USB drivers on my board twice now, the first symptom being the inability to type an uppercase M ...followed within a couple days of increasing keyboard hokeyness. Reinstalling the USB driver takes care of it.

1) Is this (or something similar) a known problem?

2)most of the drivers listed for download on the product page (B75M-DSS, rev 1) are newer than the drivers supplied with my board (bought in feb), this leads me to believe I can update everything...can I just make a new installation disc and put all new drivers on my board? How?
    Thanks for your time

ex

Re: ASRock B75M-DGS MoBo USB issues? newbie questions

A known problem with a keyboard and USB drivers... what keyboard is that? None I've heard of.

The newer drivers on your board's download page can be downloaded and just run manually one at a time. Making a disk like the one that comes with the board is not easy, I don't know of any programs that can do that.

Comment

Re: ASRock B75M-DGS MoBo USB issues? newbie questions

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      A known problem with a keyboard and USB drivers... what keyboard is that? None I've heard of.

The newer drivers on your board's download page can be downloaded and just run manually one at a time. Making a disk like the one that comes with the board is not easy, I don't know of any programs that can do that.

Thank you for the quick response. Its funny that you asked the very same question I did when it happened the first time...my first troubleshooting efforts were to swap out various keyboards I had laying around. Same issue.
      At any rate, since it isnt a known USB driver issue, I will simply update the drivers. As far as that goes, there are twelve drivers and nine utilities available at:
      ( ASRock > B75M-DGS )

All of them newer than when I purchased/assembled the board. Assuming that I want to bring my board up to date, do I do them all? Any specific order? Should I update/flash the bios first (last?).

Again, thank for your patience and help.

ex

Comment

Working...
      X