Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Z77 OC Formula - Bios issues

hi there guru im in a despirate situation need ur help n guidance
    i have a z77 oc formula n it was working flawlsessly with my 3570k till now had touched 4.9ghz
    but was running at 4.4ghz for gaming etc
    but last night it had an issuei shut it down after usual gaming like anyother night n when in the morning i cranked it up again it gave me 00 error on debug ...
    i was wondering what has happened here
    so i checked the manual n it said cpu error
    so i checked for solutions n i read somewhere to clr cmos ...
    i did that
    n it booted up fin
    but now i cant overclock
    alll my profiles r gone
    my multi is stuck at 38
    my rams cant run faster than 1600
    its alll gone i think
    bios r back to 2.2 earlier they were at 2.3
    i need ur guidance
    p[lz dnt say i ve to send it for RMA frown.gif

just sharing few pictures ... from another article a guy posted on tomshardware ... n the issues in bios r exactly same ... all nick shih profiles r gone ... cant change rams xmp profiles ... n multi is locked at 38

ASRock OC Formula Bios XMP Problem - BIOS - Motherboards

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	756228

Re: AsRock Z77 OC Formula - Bios issues

Did you try clearing the BIOS by using the jumper and removing the board's battery at the same time? If not, do that and don't put the battery back for at least 10 minutes.

I can't tell from your first post, but did you try to flash the BIOS again, to 2.20 or 2.30 using Instant Flash, with the BIOS file on a USB flash drive? Did you mean the BIOS changed to 2.20 from 2.30?

Your board has dual/two BIOS chips, main and recovery chips. Did you do the BIOS recovery procedure, it is described in your board's manual.

ASRock can sell you a new BIOS chip that you can put in yourself in necessary.

Comment

Re: AsRock Z77 OC Formula - Bios issues

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Did you try clearing the BIOS by using the jumper and removing the board's battery at the same time? If not, do that and don't put the battery back for at least 10 minutes.

I can't tell from your first post, but did you try to flash the BIOS again, to 2.20 or 2.30 using Instant Flash, with the BIOS file on a USB flash drive? Did you mean the BIOS changed to 2.20 from 2.30?

Your board has dual/two BIOS chips, main and recovery chips. Did you do the BIOS recovery procedure, it is described in your board's manual.

ASRock can sell you a new BIOS chip that you can put in yourself in necessary.
      thanks brother for ur reply
      yes indeed i have tried it
      i ist tried by using clr cmos button ... motherboard booted with bios 2.00 that came with it after clr cmos
      but since then this issue of locked multi n absence of nick shih profiles appeared
      then after ur this message i have loaded the 2.3 bios but using windows exe file method not the USB method ...
      n
      as u can see in the attached pic ... but i wana ask one thing isnt it suppose to be writing in whole rom ... why there is some grey un written portion ... can it be the cause of the this error
      can i get bios files from some one else n use them ...
      n about the chip u mentioned how to get it ... my motherboard is still under warranty has 2 months left on it ... so what do u recommend ...

Comment

Working...
      X