• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 Extreme 11 - Dr. Debug shows 00

I build a pc with the following parts:

Asrock x79 Extreme 11
    Intel i7 4930K
    Corsair DDR3 1866MHz 32GB

When I try to boot the PC all fans start to spinning but Dr. Debug shows 00 and all USB and display devices are dead. It doesn't do a memory check or something... What can I do?
    Last edited by nimloth05; 10-25-2013, 03:14 PM.

Re: X79 Extreme 11 - Dr. Debug shows 00

Code 00 is a CPU problem, such as it is dead, not getting enough power, or CPU cooler mounted to tight.

Your PC barely started to POST, so of course no devices are working yet.

Your board has two, eight pin CPU power connectors. Does the manual say you must have a PSU cable connected to both of them? Or one is the main one, the other optional?

What PSU are you using?

Comment

PSU: Chieftec 650C2.
      I think the problem is the bios version: According to a sticker on the board the bios version is P2.85-15A. According to this link, ASRock > X79 Extreme11, only version 3.0 supports my CPU.

Comment

You're right, I missed that in your first post.

You will need to somehow find a SB-E processor (i7-3xxx, or Xeon SB-E) that you can use to update the BIOS to 3.00.

Be very careful when you do the BIOS 3.00 update, if it is done wrong you will have problems. Do NOT remove the USB flash drive used to perform the Instant Flash BIOS 3.00 update when the PC restarts when the BIOS update is complete, it actually is not done until Windows completely reboots. The restart of the PC then updates the board's Intel Management Engine firmware, and without that you will have issues with your IVB-E processor.

That is a lot of work, I know, but the only other way is to get a new BIOS chip with BIOS 3.00 already on it.

Comment

Thanks for your answers and your thoughts!

I don't have a spare CPU and I don't know where I can get one - except by buying a second one which would be kind a waste. Since the MB is just 3 days old I will go to my store and tell them that it is brocken. Or I write the ASrock tech support. They clearly say on the webpage it works with all i7 CPUs which clearly it doesn't. This situation is extremely frustrating! ))-:
          Do you think asrock would send me a chip? Could I put that on the board myself?

Comment

Go to ASRock > Support Request Form and politely explain your circumstance(new MB, BIOS 2.85 installed) and ask, again politely, if they would be kind enough to send you a replacement BIOS chip pre-flashed to 3.0.

Or, if the store you purchased the MB from has a shop they do repairs in ask them if they have a cpu that they can flash up with, to 3.0.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
            X