Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optiplex GX1 Full Tower Case...new Mobo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optiplex GX1 Full Tower Case...new Mobo???

Hello All,

Need help (NooB)!

I have a Dell Optiplex GX1 full tower. The guts are getting old...PIII 1Gig and a mobo without a AGP slot...

So, I want to get a new mobo for a P4 with agp and a new vid card.

Will a new mobo fit in the dell case or will I need to get a new case. If the mobo does fit, will the holes in teh back of my case fit the new mobo? if not what can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Mars

Well man, I don't know if Dell uses a standard ATX case, esp. since manufacturers tend to use a lot of OEM and proprietary parts in their machines. If you are going so far as to upgrade your processor, mobo, memory, and apparently by the desire for AGP slot, video card...you might as well buy yourself a new case and just transfer the guts from the Dell to the new case (even if it is a basic cheap beige case) Also...to go to the P4...you'll have to get a new power supply as well...pref. over 350 Watt, because the power demands for a P4 are big.

Comment

You will definetly need a new psu. I'm not familiar with that Dell box, but if you could post a pic of the i/o plate on the back, we could probably tell if it is a standard ATX configuration.

Comment

I will post a pic tomorrow

Mars

Comment

Working...
        X