960GM/U3S3 FX drivers on Win 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 960GM/U3S3 FX drivers on Win 8.1

Last edited by deviantoats; 07-07-2014, 11:58 PM.

Re: 960GM/U3S3 FX drivers on Win 8.1

The only driver I know of that the Support CD will offer make is the preinstall Sata RAID driver.

Have you looked on the ASRock web page for your MB if any Win8.1 drivers are available.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Last edited by deviantoats; 07-07-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Last edited by deviantoats; 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I have the same MB (but don't use W*)

The Box says Windows 8 ready, but I agree the CD has no obvious W8 drivers. Of course you know that the website site has them.

If you downloaded them (unzipped them) and ran setup they should work.

8.1 is only a fix of 8.0 issues, in fact I'm surprised it didn't have enough generic drivers to get you going, the only driver I needed with my install (W7) was the correct USB3.0. Are you installing RAID? if not I agree with wardog, you don't need to create a floppy/ USB driver for installation.

Try just saying no or cancel to the driver request, and look in drivers to see what things have ! and are really lacking drivers.

W8 should be smart enough to install close enough drivers ... W7 is. You can fix with ones from ASRock later.

Your build list has only basic items, did you set the BIOS for the features you want? If trying to load drivers via USB stick, until the you load the USB 3.0 drivers they don't work, use the USB 2.0 at the back (not blue ones) they USB 3.0 will mostly not work yet.

GL
          Last edited by Britgeezer; 11-24-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah so I went to the actual site, unzipped them, then put them on a usb drive and tried running them though not all of them would work (mostly just the raid features which i'm not trying to install.) Trying to run the driver disc just forces me to either create the floppy/drive or reboot the system.

Canceling the driver request cancels the entire installation so there isn't really any way around it. My BIOS by the way hasn't really been changed at all.

Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by deviantoats View Post
              Yeah so I went to the actual site, unzipped them, then put them on a usb drive and tried running them though not all of them would work (mostly just the raid features which i'm not trying to install.) Trying to run the driver disc just forces me to either create the floppy/drive or reboot the system.

Canceling the driver request cancels the entire installation so there isn't really any way around it. My BIOS by the way hasn't really been changed at all.

Thanks though.
              Why try to install them all? Should need to add only the USB 3.0, SATA III and LAN, you can add utils etc after the OS boots, in fact try just the LAN then look at what else has !

In BIOS you need to configure Sound, NOT onboard Video, USB and a few other items.

Comment

Last edited by deviantoats; 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X