Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen for BRIX GB-BXI3-4010

Hi all,

It's a brand new BRIX GB-BXI3-4010. I added a Plextor mSata 128GB hard drive and 4GB Crucial memory.

The unit powers on (blue LED) but TV screen connected by HDMI stays black. Mouse and Keyboard on USB don't seem to power on.

I tested TV and cable by plugging a laptop which worked.

Any idea where to start? There seem to be no manual or explanations on Gigabyte website...

Thanks

Re: Black screen for BRIX GB-BXI3-4010

I would start by re-seating the drive and ram. There's still a cmos batter on that unit isn't there? could try pulling it.

Vin

EDIT: Looks like there an mSATA support list; http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...well_msata.pdf

Memory Support List: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...ell_memory.pdf

also did you add a WIFI card?

I'm a little blown away by the SSD support list....
    Last edited by Vinster; 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: More questions
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

I had the same issue. I sent it for RMA, it came back with the same problem. What did you end up doing?

Comment

Maybe help:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YU_ll5mNo_g?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p2P3I4etiQc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IhqmwsOBELU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        Last edited by stasio; 01-13-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem on a GB-BXi5-4200.

I have tried reseating the memory and mSATA, and even tried booting without one or the other or both. I have tried with several different HDMI>HDMI cables, and an HDMI>DVI cable connected to the BRIX HDMI port. I also used a MiniDisplayPort>HDMI adapter in the BRIX Mini DisplayPort port. With each different cable, I tried several different monitors and TVs.

In all cases, the display has indicated no connection detected, so it's not that the BRIX is just outputting a black screen. It is not outputting anything at all. As far as the monitor/tv is concerned, there may as well be nothing connected to it.

I haven't read about anyone else (aside from this thread) having any confusion when trying to connect and setup their BRIX units. I would expect that there should always be a POST screen of some kind, even if the memory or mSATA are removed.

I am planning to RMA this unit if I can't get anywhere with the display issue soon.

Thanks

Comment

Same problem with 2 new 4010s. I ordered the same memory that I ordered for 3 other Brix I have(different models). I ordered 1.5v memory and the 4010 uses 1.35v memory. I am waiting on the new memory to see if it fixes the problem. You might want to check the voltage rating on your memory.

Comment

Originally posted by fanjoMTL View Post
              Hi all,

It's a brand new BRIX GB-BXI3-4010. I added a Plextor mSata 128GB hard drive and 4GB Crucial memory.

The unit powers on (blue LED) but TV screen connected by HDMI stays black. Mouse and Keyboard on USB don't seem to power on.

I tested TV and cable by plugging a laptop which worked.

Any idea where to start? There seem to be no manual or explanations on Gigabyte website...

Thanks
              It's not faulty you'll be glad to know. Just that some bright Spark at Gigabyte set the default display to the mini Display port, so you will need to use that first to install the os to use HDMI. Only seems to happen with this model, the AMD model I bought earlier doesn't have this problem.
              Last edited by Mark Lock; 04-17-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem. Have tried several TVs, monitors and projectors. Does not seem to display anything. USB plugged in does not seem to power on.

I used crucial CT4G3S160BM RAM; according to the crucial website this is for MAC, but has voltage of 1.35V.

Has anyone who had the problem above been able to fix it by changing the RAM / using miniDisplay port?

I'm trying one last time with a different RAM as suggested by the Store. If it does not work, I'm going to return it and get the Intel NUC.

Comment

Kingston ram did the magic - system booted and I could install openelec on a flash drive :)

Comment

I had same problem with GB-BXi7H-4500
                    Knowing no better, I was sold 1.5v RAM but it turned out the system would not POST without 1.35v RAM installed.
                    I took it back to the store and the figured out the RAM incompatibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X