Trying to get WOL on s5 working on Gigabyte sniper b5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get WOL on s5 working on Gigabyte sniper b5

I'm trying to get WOL on s5 (shutdown) state working. So far it works on s3 (sleep) and s4 (hibernate). I have a gigabyte sniper b5 which has an i217-v onboard lan and am running windows 8.1

Things I've done
    1. Disable fastboot
    2. Enabled the three tick boxes on the network card power management settings
    3. made sure the PME wol in bios is enabled
    4. made sure the very low power state when shutdown is disabled
    5. Latest BIOS firmware
    6. Setup UDP port 9 forwarding on my DLINK 605L. Also made sure that my machine has a static ip address within the network.
    7. Used ios WOL app to send magic packet by mac address (works on s3 and s4 state only)
    8. Enabled the PCIe WOL although I only have onboard lan

Things I can't find
    1. Can't find any setting for s5 WOL on advanced tab in the i217-v device settings

Any ideas?

Re: Trying to get WOL on s5 working on Gigabyte sniper b5

WoL is a PITA.

Last time I had to do this, on a different board and ethernet controller mind you, I had to install the complete Intel ProSet Utility. Which I had to get at the Intel website. In it was a configuration option for WoL from S5. Whether it's there in the current ProSet for your i217 I can't say.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Trying to get WOL on s5 working on Gigabyte sniper b5

Eww ....... Wasn't aware of this little tidbit. Worth checking ErP isn't set to "Enabled".

Online G1.Sniper B5 Manual, page 31 sect. 2.6:
      Code:
      ErP
      Determines whether to let the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled)
      Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: PME event wake
      up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X