i've lost my audio please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've lost my audio please help

im oveclocking P4 1.5GHz on an asus P4B-LX and when i raise the FSB past 111MHZ then i loose my on board audio. Can i fix this? Do i need to buy a audio card?, and if so what type will suit my needs?. i appreciate and advice given, thanks

I'm not familiar with your mobo, but if in oc'ing, you have jacked up the pci bus to high, many of the things on the bus will act up. I doubt that a sound card would be any more tolerant of an oc'ed pci bus than onboard sound is.

Comment

does every one have sound card problems when they overclock? im just wondering if that my onbaord audio is just not disigned to handle the higher bus rate and if it is, would a pci sound card be able to? if so, what brand?

Comment

I looked up your mobo. The attached pic is from the manual. At the 111mz setting, the pci bus is at 37mz. That is more than 10% out of spec and may well cause problems with the sound. What are your memory specs? There may be a better setting for you.

Comment

asus made several p4b class of mobo's and the lx is a min-ATX mobo and dosnt have thoes swiches(fsb speed is changes in bios), the memory i have is pc 133 CL3

Comment

I could find no ref on Asus site for the LX version under their P4B. I would think that even useing the soft menu settings on your board, the resulting specs would probably be the same. Have you tried the 133/66/33 setting? Your ram is 133mz and that setting would leave your pci bus at standard spec. This would not be an oc, but it may be the best you can get.

Comment

Re: i've lost my audio please help

Originally posted by dadrago View Post
              im oveclocking P4 1.5GHz on an asus P4B-LX and when i raise the FSB past 111MHZ then i loose my on board audio. Can i fix this? Do i need to buy a audio card?, and if so what type will suit my needs?. i appreciate and advice given, thanks

I have the exact same cpu and mobo as you do, you problem is ur overclocked 2 high and ur system is unstable. You can do 1 of 2 things...

1. Lower the fsb (try 110 or 109 and see if the sound comes back)
              2. Get some better cooling (case fans help but a better cpu heatsink + fan would work much better)

I have my 1.5ghz running @ 113 fsb (1.81ghz) Very Stable

Comment

Working...
              X