New Build Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Problem

My problem is, when i start my system up it is very unstable it flashes on and off i go to sign in and it takes a few times off going back to sign in. Then it calms down untill about 5 mins later then the screen goes black, but screen is still on and not shut down so i have to hit reset button and come back in, the other strange thing is it stays on sometimes like now. I have looked at everything power cable got 3 so swopped them around, then i looked at the power supply which i changed. Uninstalled Windows 8 and clean installed again made sure all my connections were plugged in correctly and the system has been on a diognostics machine 3 times and they said its a good system we never found nothing wrong. Can someone help me please.
    PROCESSOR:RADEON AMD FX 6100 6CORE 3.3ghz 14mb Cache
    MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK 970DE3/U3S3 (555)
    GRAPHICS CARD: XFX RADEON HD5450 pci express 2.1 bus
    HARD DRIVE: SSD OCZ AGILITY 3 (120gig)
    RAM: KINGSTON 8 gig DDR3
    OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 8 Builders Edition
    POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR cx500m
    INTERNET SECURITY: AVAST FREE VERSION

Sorry if i have forgot anything.
    Last edited by FLASHHARRY; 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM. Reason: extra data

Re: New Build Problem

Hello and welcome to TweakTown.

So the/a computer shop tested it and found nothing wrong, it ran good for them? They were able to do the thing you mention above and without any issues as you described? Did they test it using your parts you list above?

At your residence is the computer plugged into a power strip, surge suppressor, or any variant, other than directly to the wall outlet? If it is, plug it into a non-shared wall outlet instead and retest please.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply my wattage results are min psu wattage 135 and recommended wattage was 185 i have a Corsair cx500m brand new

Comment

Originally posted by FLASHHARRY View Post
        Thank you for your quick reply my wattage results are min psu wattage 135 and recommended wattage was 185 i have a Corsair cx500m brand new
        I have not overclocked this product as i dont play games on system i only play webcam darts against people around the world. From a site called Webcamdarts Association.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          So the/a computer shop tested it and found nothing wrong, it ran good for them? They were able to do the thing you mention above and without any issues as you described? Did they test it using your parts you list above?

At your residence is the computer plugged into a power strip, surge suppressor, or any variant, other than directly to the wall outlet? If it is, plug it into a non-shared wall outlet instead and retest please.
          I/we still don't have answers to the above questions.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

My PC had all internal items in it when it was put on Diagnostic machine, i dont know if they run it for any long period. But it was put on Diagnostic Machine 3 time since i have built it and Power Supply, Graphics Card, SS Drive, Ram and CD Rom where all in it. The items i have outside the case is my Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and Speaker also a Webcam When i set it up but not in all the time which is a Logitech c910hd as for power i have my speakers, monitor and power supply going into a 4 x plug extention cable as only a single socket near by.

Comment

I tried plugging in direct to sockets and it still was not stable, i am thinking it is either USB ports or graphics card cable or the adaptor on back of graphics card. But i have 2 Monitors and tried both and they are both unstable, they have separate cables for both the only item they both use is the adapter into graphics card. I am also wondering if it could be static in my system any help would be appreitiated.

Comment

[QUOTE=FLASHHARRY;474076]I tried plugging in direct to sockets and it still was not stable, i am thinking it is either USB ports or graphics card cable or the adaptor on back of graphics card. But i have 2 Monitors and tried both and they are both unstable, they have separate cables for both the only item they both use is the adapter into graphics card. I am also wondering if it could be static in my system any help would be appreitiated.[/QUOTE

Dont think it is adaptor as just plugged monitor into 2nd port on back of graphics card without adaptor and it still was unstable, has to be USB Ports or internet cable or static in the system am i missing something.

Comment

I tried plugging in direct to sockets and it still was not stable,......
                  Strip it down to what it was when you took it to the shop and test.

Why the video adapter? What adapter is it?

Also, disconnect that Logitech webcam and retry. Seen enough probs with Logitech USB webcams I should have mentioned that first.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                    Strip it down to what it was when you took it to the shop and test.

Why the video adapter? What adapter is it?

Also, disconnect that Logitech webcam and retry. Seen enough probs with Logitech USB webcams I should have mentioned that first.
                    I have an adaptor in graphics card as i was using 2 monitors at one time it has a normal fitting and a longer one so lad who i know had one so i could run 2 monitors. i have not got Logitech C910 webcam plugged in only used to plug it in when needed also webcam darts is why i got computer so it has to work with HD webcam. Will sort my signature out so the specs are up on every post, thank you will strip it down and just leave it for a while.

Comment

have you enabled xmp memory profile for your ram? it will set the right speed/timings/voltages for you

be sure to flash to latest motherboard bios aswell
                      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My problem is, when i start my system up it is very unstable it flashes on and off i go to sign in and it takes a few times off going back to sign in. Then it calms down untill about 5 mins later then the screen goes black, but screen is still on and not shut down so i have to hit reset button and come back in, the other strange thing is it stays on sometimes like now.
                        <snip>
                        When you said it flashes on and off, does the screen turns on/off, or does it reboot? If it reboots, there is some thing seriously wrong with your system. If the system only turns the screen on and off, then it's probably your video. Check the video cable to make sure the connection is secure. Try wiggling the video card to see if you get the same effect. If it does, then you may need to replace your video card.</snip>

Comment

Working...
                        X