Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Pro4 defect?

Hello friends!

After almost 3 years, my PC doesn't start up anymore.
    No beep, no fan rotation, no life signs at all.

I checked the power supply, it is working fine.
    So i think my motherboard an ASRock Z77 Pro4 might be the problem.

However, before i buy a new board i would like to know if there are ways to make sure the board is the problem and not something else.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Sylian

Re: ASRock Z77 Pro4 defect?

Please follow-up after reading #1 in my Sig.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Comment

How did you check the power supply? Trying another power supply with the board would be a better test to prove the board is bad.

Your 530 Watt power supply does not give you much extra power when using a GTX 670 under heavy load.

Is the CPU or '670 over clocked? The CPU power supply on your board is not very strong, so may have failed if it is under a high load.

Comment

Thank you for input.

My test of the power supply was indeed what you were suggesting, simply using another one, which i know is working (as it runs my other PC)
          So i think i can rule out the power.

My system is not overclocked. It ran 3 years fine with the 530W supply, but that doesn't mean anything i guess.
          I never had problems under heavy load and i wasn't doing anything special before the thing went down.
          In fact, it was just idle in windows for about an hour, then i just powered it down normaly. And next day it just wont start up.

Regards, Sylian

Comment

Have you maybe tried shorting the mb's power button pins directly to rule out a bad case mounted power button?

Note: Only attempt this at your own risk. I don't condone anyone putting conductive metallic objects near a mb unless they know explicitly what can happen should they make a mistake.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hello again.Just a quick update.I replaced the MB with a new one (same model) and it is working again.So seems the old MB is broken indeed.On a side note, i had to deactivate the Intel GPU (HD 4000) drivers in Win7 or it would freeze on startup. Not a major issue, since i'm not using the on board graphics, but i'm just curious what the problem is...?Anyway, thanks for your input guys.This case is closed.

Comment

Working...
              X