Brand new FM2A88X Extreme 6+ will not start nor enter BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new FM2A88X Extreme 6+ will not start nor enter BIOS

My brand new board (bought today) unfortunately have an old BIOS (V.1.30) and will not start with my also brand new Kaveri A10-7700 (add. 2 modules G.Skill 4 GB 10666).
    So I am unable to update the BIOS to the latest version.
    Dr. Debug LED indicates 15 and 91 in a quick change.

Any hints? Or only possibility to ask the service for new preprogrammed BIOS chips?

Re: Brand new FM2A88X Extreme 6+ will not start nor enter BIOS

15 and 91 are memory related. Re-seat your memory and retry.

Please read #1 in my Sig and follow up afterwards by listing at least the memory model/kit P/N.

There was a recent thread here concerning just this, HERE, questioning that the BIOS would recognize Kaveri even if on the CPU Support pages that particular BIOS revision was prior to Kaveri. User acknowledged this was true, it did, and once the system was deemed stable he upflashed to the current Kaveri supported BIOS revision.

And like you he also had memory issues, or so they thought. Turned out the memory wasn't seated properly. Is this you problem? I dunno, it might also be a compatibility issue.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

After nearly two FULL days of trouble with my new FM2A88X Extrem6+, searching and reading many comments on internet, analyzing different statements, communication with the official support of ASRock for European countries (located in the Netherlands) I must state, that the documentation on the official ASRock product website is correct and is it NOT CORRECT (as stated here in forum) - the new Kaveris DON'T work on FM2A88X Extreme6+ with firmware lower V2.0.

I've tried many different configurations of the brand new MoBo with extraordinary old FW V.1.30 and my brand new Kaveri A10-7700K and many RAM-sticks.
      Always the board not started and the debug LED have indicated different codes for supposed "memory bugs" (NOT TRUE !).

So I decided to search for an fellow who have old FM2 socket types CPU's. After installing the "first best" of this CPU's the board immediately started with every of the "bad" RAM modules !!
      So that I was able to update the ancient firmware to V.2.70.

In result the board started with my new Kaveri and all of the "bad" RAM modules.

Conclusion:
      1. ASRock describes the FM2A88X Extreme6+ as reference for the new Kaveri CPU's. But if you buy one and install a new Kaveri - it won't work! Very poor! It is unacceptable, that the user must do work of the producer!
      2. Dr. Debug is ready for the scrap heap - the indicated "codes" are wrong! Any help! Only a source of stress and confusion!
      3. The support from ASRock is still very poor and they sell products not according to their promises and advertizing.

Comment

The ASRock > FM2A88X Extreme6+ CPU Support List states that your cpu is supported from bios version 2.0 or newer:

CPU Support List
        Processor Info

Socket Family
        Model
        Power
        Core
        Frequency L2 Cache CPU Rev. Since Bios
        FM2+
        A10
        AD770KXBI44JA
        95W
        SteamrollerB
        3400MHz
        2MBx2
        A1
        P2.00
        When the motherboard's bios version is older than the minimum version required for your cpu, you can't expect that anything will work properly.

Glad to hear that you finally got your system working.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

While no consolation, please also consider the act of re-seating the Kaveri in the socket may have been the "ticket' too. It's not that uncommon that re-seating once or even twice sometimes corrects this too.

At any rate glad to hear you have a working machine despite all that was req'd.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X