I forgot how to get the ethernet mac address GA-E350N Win8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot how to get the ethernet mac address GA-E350N Win8

I got the onboard mac address for my XPEnology (synology Disk Station Manager 4.2) rig, but I can't remember how I did it. I think I found it in BIOS, but I can't, for the life of me, find my PCI lan card mac address in BIOS. I remember it was easy to find it last time. This rig only runs the linux-based Synology DSM o/s. It's not setup to boot windows or macintosh, so I must have found it in BIOS. I want the hardware mac, not the bogus software mac (aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff) I put down for the second ethernet id. Does anyone remember how to get it? I know I did it a year or so ago. It might not have been BIOS. It might have been some other key press, hold during boot. As always, all help is appreciated. This community has helped me so much in the past, and I welcome any help with this latest problem. Like I say it's a GA-E350N Win8
    My Hackintosh Rig

Re: I forgot how to get the ethernet mac address GA-E350N Win8

It looks to be on a sticker on top of the metal shroud surrounding the ethernet port on the MB.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      It looks to be on a sticker on top of the metal shroud surrounding the ethernet port on the MB.
      Ha! On re-reading I don't think that's what you were after there. Me bad.

HERE is what I now believe you meant.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ah! I'll have to try that. I remembered now, it was F9 when in the bios "system info." However, the bios gives only one mac address, and it's the bogus AABBCCDDEEFF address. I tried unplugging all hdds and usb stick and BIOS still gave the one bogus ethernet mac address. Yes, I'll have to try the dmesg command, once I figure out how to get to a terminal window from Synology Disk Station Manager O/S.
        My Hackintosh Rig

Comment

Working...
        X