Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H67m-ITX PCIe 3.0 Graphic Card

Hello,

can anyone tell me a PCIe 3.0 Graphic Card which works fine with the h67m-ITX board? I read that there are a lot of problems with additional cards. I have Bios Version 1.10. Do I have to update?(there seems to be trouble, too). Furthermore I think my Power Supply (Speedlink Pecos 350w) has to be changend. So who has a graphic card working? Thanks a lot.

Greetings
    Mike

System:
    i7 2600k
    8GB RAM
    Win7 64 Bit
    H67m-ITX Bios 1.10
    Speedlink EcosPower Supply 350w (25A at 12V)

Re: H67m-ITX PCIe 3.0 Graphic Card

Originally posted by Mike_Felkel View Post
    Hello,

can anyone tell me a PCIe 3.0 Graphic Card which works fine with the h67m-ITX board? I read that there are a lot of problems with additional cards. I have Bios Version 1.10. Do I have to update?(there seems to be trouble, too). Furthermore I think my Power Supply (Speedlink Pecos 350w) has to be changend. So who has a graphic card working? Thanks a lot.

Greetings
    Mike

System:
    i7 2600k
    8GB RAM
    Win7 64 Bit
    H67m-ITX Bios 1.10
    Speedlink EcosPower Supply 350w (25A at 12V)
    1. We need to know WHAT PCIe 3.0 Graphic Card you will be using, since the amount of power it needs is critical.

2. Your 350W PSU is weak for any card that cannot just be powered from the PCI-E slot, and is still questionable.

3. Your current system does not support PCI-E 3.0. You need an Ivy Bridge CPU to get PCI-E 3.0 support, yours is a Sandy Bridge.

4. Problems with additional cards? You can only put in one. Any problems with cards are most likely related to low power PSUs.

5. I do NOT suggest updating your BIOS, but ONLY because ASR only provides the Windows method for a BIOS update. We've seen those fail to many times. Check this thread for more information: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

Comment

Thank you for your answer. The card i want to buy is a Palit Geforce 650 Ti Boost. I changed my Power supply today to a Thermaltake Hamburg 530W. I know it is not the best one but it should be able to power the Geforce. I am aware of the fact that my board and CPU are only capable to handle PCIe 2.0 but a 3.0 Pcie Card should work at speed of 2.0 ( or can my board just handle 2.0 cards?). If a Bios update is necessary to handle 3.0 i will not risk the update and look for an older card . But again my question, can you name a card that works 100% with my Bios version.
      One thing i did not mention so far is that 6 months ago i tried a Radeon 7790 for my PC and after installing it( the PCI Plug of the card was in) the PC did not boot at all, no Bios entering , no beeping. I thought it was broken and returned it. That is why i ask now before buying a new card if there are "basic" problems with the board`s PCIe slot.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi,
        I want to inform you that i have installed the card without any problems. I did not even have to deinstall the Intel hd 3000 drivers (i did it regardless now). So Bios version 1.30 works with Nvidia 3.0 Pcie cards. Whether the Radeon hd 7790 was incompatible or it was my old power supply which was to weak i do not know.

Greetings
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X