No announcement yet.

Need part for Lian Li PC-V1100 ....really need it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need part for Lian Li PC-V1100 ....really need it...

I just got two of the PC-V1100 on clearance. This is a well made case, BUT both are missing the grill and thumbscrews that attach to the bottom , at the front, It filters the air for the front fan. Both of the cases we received have gaping holes on the chassis that will allow a lot of dust in. I went to the website of the seller ( large retailer ) today, and I see the underside pic they have do not show this piece. Most underside pics on the web of the PC-V1100 show this part, but I do see a couple of pics that don't have it.

I think the same parts are used on other Lian Li cases.

Thanks

Re: Need part for Lian Li PC-V1100 ....really need it...

Originally posted by catawampus View Post
    I just got two of the PC-V1100 on clearance. This is a well made case, BUT both are missing the grill and thumbscrews that attach to the bottom , at the front, It filters the air for the front fan. Both of the cases we received have gaping holes on the chassis that will allow a lot of dust in. I went to the website of the seller ( large retailer ) today, and I see the underside pic they have do not show this piece. Most underside pics on the web of the PC-V1100 show this part, but I do see a couple of pics that don't have it.

I think the same parts are used on other Lian Li cases.

Thanks
    Just to be clear, all the filters are missing?

Can you please fill-out the form in the link below, and include pictures as well as let us know where you bought it?

Lian-Li Global | RMA

Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lian Li PC -V1100 (8).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	754152
      well, this case has a 120mm intake, and a 120mm on the side panel. The side panel fan has a opening that has a metal screen, but no filter media. That might be correct.

I think I just need the parts for the front air intake, as pictured here. The bracket, screws, and filter media.

Comment

I'm in the exact same situation, as are two people who I directed toward this deal from TigerDirect. These are lovely cases from what I consider a high point in Lian-Li's history so far, and the price was unbelievable (even in Canada, where we get hit with higher pricing and shipping). The missing filter seems odd, and wasn't a running change made during production to my knowledge.

Comment

Hopefully, Lian Li will take care of us. These parts are very cheap to make. I would think it cost less than a dollar to produce them

Comment

Lian Li says they don't have the part, so we are on our own on this one.

any of you guys good at custom fabrication of small aluminum parts? looks like a simple aluminum stamping...
            Last edited by catawampus; 02-21-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
              I'm in the exact same situation, as are two people who I directed toward this deal from TigerDirect. These are lovely cases from what I consider a high point in Lian-Li's history so far, and the price was unbelievable (even in Canada, where we get hit with higher pricing and shipping). The missing filter seems odd, and wasn't a running change made during production to my knowledge.
              Here's a review of a black PC-V1100 from 2008. It does NOT show the filter bracket either. Makes me wonder if they deleted the part? I can't imagine that they would. My box was dated 2006

Lian Li PC-V1100 Review - hosted by Neoseeker

and another review of a silver PC-V1100 plus model. No filter bracket either. Look close, you can see it does not have one either.

Lian Li PC-V1100 Plus II | xyzcomputing | Geek.com

perhaps they deleted it on the plus model at some point in production..it would be fairly restrictive since the 120mm fan already has a filter media in front of it. Still, I would think it will dump a lot of dust in the case.
              Last edited by catawampus; 02-21-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catawampus View Post
                any of you guys good at custom fabrication of small aluminum parts? looks like a simple aluminum stamping...
                Functionality wise you could make one on your own. And since it's located where no one can see it all the better.

That heavy formed plastic packaging that's "welded' on the edges, you know, the kind that everyone bleeds from when cutting open.

If you wanted to get creative if you bend it to shaped/form and apply heat it will for the most part retain it's shape.

Parts needed:
                Packaging from, say, a surge suppressor, or anything that offers the length needed
                Razor knife
                Metal straight edge
                Drill and bit to open some holes and a block of wood for backing/to drill into

Optional: Heat gun or high wattage blow dryer to "set' any bends
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I live in Rochester, NY and I also own two Lian Li cases.....

I have a v1100 Mid Tower that is my home server and a Lian Li PC-A71E Full Tower Case.......

I purchased both from FrozenCPU here in Rochester and they are also the best place I have found for parts....

I purchased my cases in 2008 when I was living in Tampa.

Recently, I did a complete rebuild of my Tower(December 2012 see parts below) and I needed to replace the USB 2.0 Ports on the top of the case with USB 3.0 Ports...There were other parts and other items that I needed they had tem all.....

They also did the custom cabling for my rebuild.....they are really great to work with !!!

Here is the URL for FrozenCPU: FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies

Here is the telephone number: 1.877.243.8266 tell them Gary Simpson referred you to them....

Here is the FrozenCPU hours of operation : M-F 10-6, Sat 11-4 US EST

I hope this will help you....

Cordially yours;

Eagle4Z

Eagle-1 OperatingSoftware & Hardware List

System Specifications

Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme11 LGA 2011
                  MotherboardBIOS Version: ASRock X79E11_2.00
                  Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K Six Core CPU
                  Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 32GB DDR3 SDRAM1866
                  Video Card 01: ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD52GB 2 GB 192-bitGDDR5
                  OS Hard Drive /SSD 01: Samsung 252GB 840 Pro SSD
                  Optical Drive 01: LG WH14NS40 Black Blu-ray DVD Burner
                  Optical Drive 02:MSI DH-24AS U88 24XDVD Burner
                  Case: Lian Li PC- A71 Full Tower Case
                  External Enclosures: 2 MediasonicHF2-SU3S2 Black USB3.0 & eSATA 4 Bay Enclosure
                  CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD Red 3 Fan CPU Cooler
                  Keyboard: Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard
                  Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Mouse
                  Power SupplyUnit: Corsair Pro Series Gold AX-1200 PSU
                  Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Core3D Onboard 7Channel Audio Chip
                  Monitor: ASUS VE276Q 28 Inch LCD Monitor
                  OperatingSystem: Win 7 Pro MCE
                  Total Internal& External SATA2 SATA3 & USB 3.0 Enclosure Storage (HDD): 43 TB

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, The PCI-01B does indeed fit in the D600 case. Just for future record, the PCI-01B fits in all our cases except our small form factor ones. The installation of the PCI-01B is simple enough, and the instructions are in the packing. You shouldn't have a problem, but let me know if you do.

Comment

Working...
                    X