Fm2a88x extreme 6 : Memory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fm2a88x extreme 6 : Memory problem

I just build my new system the 12th of this month and i keep getting a 30 debug code from the board i have Amd 6800k processor and gskill memory DDR3 2133. i have disabled the cool quiet feature in the bios and set the ram configuration to xmp profile the memory and the frequency to 2133, still getting that debug good on boot sometimes and doing normal operation. can someone please tell me if their is some type of setting am missing. And i have also went through the software guide and put the bios setting to auto,on the ones that should be on auto, disabled the one that should be disabled. am running out of ideals....

Re: Fm2a88x extreme 6 : Memory problem

How many sticks of 2133? And please, see #1 in my sig. While it's plainly known to you what your computer consists of it isn't to us here. Troubleshooting over the internet is hard enough.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

hi all have the same question as antonio davis but only exception is that it happens when i am overclocking through asrock utility , i understand that it means reseat cpu . normal operation is ok.

amd 7850k
      2x 4gb team ddr3 2400 ram
      1 ssd
      4 hd
      850w power supply corsair
      1 dvd rw

Comment

Originally posted by clembo View Post
        hi all have the same question as antonio davis but only exception is that it happens when i am overclocking through asrock utility ,
        Ahhhh, this error pops up for you only while OC'ing huh? That explains alot, thank you clembo. Antonio, you OC'ing too when you see this?

To the both of you, add +0.05v to "CPU NB/GFX Offset Voltage" either in the BIOS or A-Tuning and retry. If successful with the +.05v bump, you might experiment with lowering this back a step at a time until it begins rearing it's ugly head.

Just monitor and watch that your temps aren't exceeded while following this advice.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

i have the same but different memory, i contacted gskill and discussed with a few other computer guys they came up with i had to set the configuration of the memory manually. and also in the Bios you need to turn on the cool quiet option. set the ram frequency to what every memory you and their a setting right about it call xmp profile also in the bios. after doing that and updating the bios to 3.10 i haven't seen that debug code of 30 again so this might have fixed my problem i will keep you posted but if anyone else have some option please let me know

Originally posted by clembo View Post
          hi all have the same question as antonio davis but only exception is that it happens when i am overclocking through asrock utility , i understand that it means reseat cpu . normal operation is ok.

amd 7850k
          2x 4gb team ddr3 2400 ram
          1 ssd
          4 hd
          850w power supply corsair
          1 dvd rw

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            How many sticks of 2133? And please, see #1 in my sig. While it's plainly known to you what your computer consists of it isn't to us here. Troubleshooting over the internet is hard enough.
            i have two sticks of Gskill 2133 ram, AMD 6800k cpu and of course the FM2A88X Motherboard, Cool master 280L nepton water cooler. two 1TB storage drive and A 750 drive along with a 840 evo SSD drive. powered by a 750 EVGA nova power supply............Full Tower CM Storm Trooper case by cool master.

Comment

Ahhhh, this error pops up for you only while OC'ing huh? That explains alot, thank you clembo. Antonio, you OC'ing too when you see this?

To the both of you, add +0.05v to "CPU NB/GFX Offset Voltage" either in the BIOS or A-Tuning and retry. If successful with the +.05v bump, you might experiment with lowering this back a step at a time until it begins rearing it's ugly head.

Just monitor and watch that your temps aren't exceeded while following this advice.

clembo im not overclocking at all just normal operation for windows 8.1 64bit.... but i have a few more addons before i jump into overclocking. would like to find me a good midrange video card first, want the performance for video editing and some gaming. play to upgrade memory to 16gb next month but need something that want make the system unstable.

Comment

hi thanks for the reply. will give it a go ,have since updated bios to 3.10 have not used the a-tune utility since so will try it thank you!

@ antonio it's up to you what your looking for in a new graphics card as the obvious option is to buy a stand alone card (not use dual setup, apu + r7 250) but for just casual gaming that would suffice.

Comment

Working...
                X