Graphic Drivers problem with clean installation of W7 64 bits / BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Drivers problem with clean installation of W7 64 bits / BSOD

Hello, I just moved from XP 64 bits to W7 Ultimate 64 bits last night... I have installed the motherboard drivers and the Graphic Drivers, and installed all the updates from W7... But I have this problem:

I have a Gigabyte HD 5870 Graphic Card. I installed the latest drivers for my Graphic Card from the gigabyte site (2009 last version) and then proceed to install the drivers from the AMD webpage. But no matter what driver version I attempt to install (13.12, 13.4 , 13.1), in the middle of the installation I keep receiving a BSOD with the error 0x00000116.

This is the second time I have reinstalled W7, and yet I keep receiving the same error.

I dont know what to do . Could u guys give me some ideas?

Here are my system specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD7
    Bios: F7 (I did update when I had XP)
    Graphics:Gigabyte HD 5870
    Processor: I7 920
    RAM: 6GB
    PSU: Corsair TX 750

I should also note that, despite my Graphic card is Gigabyte, when I used the Vga@bios tool, the program couldnt find my card. Only thing I got was a [Warning. No card found here!]

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I should note also, that I didnt have this problem when I was running XP...

Re: Graphic Drivers problem with clean installation of W7 64 bits / BSOD

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Help Forums
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Graphic Drivers problem with clean installation of W7 64 bits / BSOD

Ok, now I tried doing the Windows Fix it and installing 13.4 drivers

So far.. I got another BSOD, BUT this time, after I got to windows desktop, my screen wasnt like previous attempt. Before I just got a screen with no graphic card driver installed (even in device manager, the graphic device would appear with problems). Now the device shows like the update was applied... but still I dont think thats the solution.

PS: Everytime I got the BSOD was in the middle of installation of the drivers.. in the phase of installing Amd control drivers
      PS2: Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Working...
      X