Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore system image win 7

hi,

have z78 pro mb. installed win7 64bit, etc., have made regular win 7 image's to various media.

need to restore image backup due to hd corruption.

used win 7 repair disk (created on this pc) but get as far as selecting image to restore then get error message:

Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using EFI and this computer is using BIOS

PLEASE, what's going on?

i've searched the net and come across numerous cases, but NO clear specific solution. how do i get around this problem?

leslie.wand(at)gmail.com

Re: restore system image win 7

Hmmm, never seen/done this so it may be wrong.

When booting at the POST screen choose the option that allows booting from x device and the I think you want the one that has UEFI: in front.

Otherwise you'll probably need to boot into the UEFI Shell and initiate the restore from there.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

boot into the UEFI Shell and initiate the restore from there.

didn't see any uefi as a boot option. how would i do your other suggestion please?

Comment

The "Exit' screen of the BIOS, "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device"

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asus/523...em-device.html
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by horizontal_hold View Post
          hi,

have z78 pro mb. installed win7 64bit, etc., have made regular win 7 image's to various media.

need to restore image backup due to hd corruption.

used win 7 repair disk (created on this pc) but get as far as selecting image to restore then get error message:

Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using EFI and this computer is using BIOS

PLEASE, what's going on?

i've searched the net and come across numerous cases, but NO clear specific solution. how do i get around this problem?

leslie.wand(at)gmail.com

No such board as a Z78, it's either a Z77 or Z87, or maybe a Z68. Next there are Pro 3 and Pro 4 boards of each chipset, as well as 'M' models, for mATX. Can we know what board you have?

The Win 7 repair disk was created by what, Windows or another program?

If you've seen other cases of this, it could be a Win 7 issue. Have you used Secure Boot anytime?

Comment

Working...
          X