Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z77M-U3DH V1.1 cannot alter any BIOS settings for OC w 3570K? How do I? Easytune seems flaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77M-U3DH V1.1 cannot alter any BIOS settings for OC w 3570K? How do I? Easytune seems flaky

I bought this to overclock; wow, what a mistake. I can't find any way to enter into the settings in the BIOS to simply alter the core ratio's, for instance. It is so easy on my other system with an ASRock Extreme 4, but this board does not seem to let you alter these settings at all. Why have buttons in the bios that supposedly let you change the settings when clicking on them does nothing? I am very frustrated just trying to do a simple overclock. Trying to use the lame Easytune is a PITA, it either will not let me change the settings, or when I do, and click "Set", it rolls them back to below stock settings!!. I've tried saving proliles and loading them, but it seems like if I can change the graphics setting, then go back to the CPU ratios in "advanced" mode, it simply sets them back to stock or even lower!! (32 instead of stock 34, for example).

I've never seen a board this bad, that has bios buttons to change the settings but lets you into virtually none of them.

Again, why have the buttons to change if clicking on them simply does nothing?

I have wasted hours now trying to simply overclock this rig to 4.0. It's bad enough to have to boot all the way into windows, load easytune, see if the clocking worked (almost never so far); or, when I did get it to take my settings (and what combo changed, or what I have to set in the bios to allow this utility to work is a mystery, there are no explanations) and got a blue screen, I have to set the whole bios to defaults, and then go change everything back (ahci mode instead of default ide, etc.) just to try a different cpu ratio.

I was going to try this modified F15 bios I found, but it does not explain which MB version it is for (1.0 or 1.1?) and has a marvell setting of which that chip is not on my board.

Is there an unlock for these settings, and WHY would they lock them out instead of just not having them?

Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GA-Z77M-U3DH V1.1 cannot alter any BIOS settings for OC w 3570K? How do I? Easytune seems flaky

I think it doesn't matter what revision

you only need to alter the cpu multiplier to overclock(raise the cpu speed) leave all the turbo ratio's on auto,thats what I do

heres a guide on overclocking to 4.5ghz if you wish,enter your own rams speed/timings/voltage

for 4ghz just set the cpu multi to 40x then use cpu-z and prime95 and stress the cpu while looking at cpu-z to see if the oc has worked,you'll see it switch to 4ghz
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X