z68 Ext3 Gen3 + 4 dimms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z68 Ext3 Gen3 + 4 dimms?

I have a Z68 ext3 gen3 with 2 x 2gb G.Skill RipJaws X. Will I have issues if I add 2 more sticks to fill up all 4 dimm slots?

Re: z68 Ext3 Gen3 + 4 dimms?

Hi, While you should buy a set of 4 dimms that have been tested to run together you might get away with buying a second 2 dimms that match up with your Gskill Ripjaws, you haven't listed your full spec which is a good idea to do, have you checked that your memory is on the compatabilty list for your motherboard?
    List your full spec, and someone will come along and try to help
    Regards
    Stephen

Comment

CPU Intel 2500k
      Cooler CM Hyper 212+
      MB Asrock z68 ext3 gen3
      RAM 2x2Gb GSkill Ripjaws X f3-12800cl9d-4gbxl
      GC Radeon 7770
      Windows 7 64bit

I'vw been using the Ripjaws since I built my pc a couple of years ago. I've had no issues until I added Fonts, Actions, and Styles in Photoshop. I keep getting "low memory" warnings

Comment

Hi awatz 4GB of memory is not a great deal these days as soon as you load windows 7 64bit youv'e lost 2GB of that, And when you start playing with Photoshop layers and stuff, it will suck up the rest of the mem, so if you can get an extra 2X2GB for a good price I'd say it was worth a gamble, but I see your memory is not on the Memory Support List as far as I can see ASRock > Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
        That's not to say you wont get away with it, I had an Asus board that said my OCZ memory was not supported but it worked for 4 years with 4 sticks of 2GB.
        don't no what other people think here.
        any way good luck!
        Salamat po

Comment

I'm kinda in a tight budget so adding 2x2GB is a better option for me instead of going for 2x4GB
          I had my RAM installed in the A2 and B2 slots. I moved them to the A1 and B1 slots to make sure it would work and to see if it would fit against the cooler. Its working now

Comment

Working...
          X