DVD Player Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Player Issues

It's not very often I ask questions but I've got one now hopefully I can cure since it is becoming very annoying.

I use a Pioneer 16x DVD drive (with Creative Extigy and Intel 845E based motherboard) with PowerDVD XP. When I try to play any DVD disc, the DVD starts a normal but the audio is lagged and the picture stutters making it a nightmare to try and watch.

I haven't had the chance to format or swap the DVD drive into a different PC yet. I was hoping there may be a cure.

Please suggest ideas.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Oops. I should have added it happens under WMP and any other DVD player software.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I get that with one or two DVDs, and a heap of DivX movies... For the DVDs, the audio seems to catch up at every chapter, then slowly go out of sync again... I'd be interested to know as well

Comment

Not totally sure, but if the audio is only slightly out of sync, it could be an issue with the Extigy...under normal circumstances, you wouldn't notice any lag between sound and picture (in gaming, etc.), but with a DVD...when the video is traveling at such high speeds and the audio has to cross through the USB connection to then be decoded and sent to the speakers, perhaps there is the bottleneck. If you have onboard audio, I would suggest trying that for a bit, see if that's your issue, either that or just swap out the drive into another computer to test it of course.

Comment

I've got a SB Live! and it does the same, so it's not exactly an external issue, but you do have a valid point. Perhaps it's the fact that the audio decoding does take more processing than the video, hence falling behind...

Comment

Beefy are you using a digit cable connecting the DVD to the SB or just the anologue cable? :?:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well I managed to get it working by using WinDVD 4 - Give it a try guys, my DVD playback is perfect now.

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Download.jsp
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
              X