Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Pcie bios Empty?

Hi all.

Recently brought myself a new sound card to replace the on board but the motherboard doesn't seem to find it. I have tried resetting the bios. Just updated the Bios to 2.80 to see if that would work but still both ports available (Pcie1 and Pcie4) do not find the card. That's both from with in the bios and windows not detecting new hardware. I've read that this could be a fault with the board as it seems quite a common problem. I hope not as I've had my board for over 2 years now so no RMA I've never needed to use the Pcie ports before but could there be a chance that this would be a fault from the start. The main board is not coming up with any error codes.

Regards

Lee.
    Last edited by LeeWicks; 04-11-2014, 01:06 PM.

Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Pcie bios Empty?

Did you try setting "Onboard HD Audio" in the BIOS (Southbridge Configuration) to Auto or Disabled? The Auto setting supposedly disables the onboard HD audio if a sound card is plugged into a PCI slot. The manual just states "PCI slot", so that may not apply to a PCI-E slot.

What sound card are you trying to use, and what OS do you use?

Comment

Hi Parsec.

Feeling a little stupid now.... the card was a Xonar DGX and I had turned off the built in sound card with in the bios. I'm running windows 8.1. I tried the DGX in another computer and that also was not recognising the card. So I promptly went to my local "computer" store, picked up an SB Audigy FX and all is working well. I don't think I was expecting a faulty card to not show up at all in the port and for there not to be some sort of Error. I'll be returning the card back for a refund.

Thanks for the reply. Should have had more faith in Asrock being as all my motherboards have been from them!

Regards

Lee

Comment

Not to worry, I considered mentioning trying the card in another PC, but thought I'd save that if nothing else helped.

If the card was so defective that it did not even turn on, it could appear as if nothing was in the PCI-E slot, which may be the case.

Comment

Working...
        X