Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Cuts Out Completely

I have

ASRock Z87 Extreme3, i7-4770, 16gb AX3U1600W8G9, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Toxic Boost, Samsung 250GB SSD, Corsair RM-550 80 Plus Gold

It has worked well for 2 months. Suddenly it seems to just turn off (like click everything's off) when music or videos are playing. If I power off and wait I can restart, otherwise pressing power-on produces not even a click. When It will start I go straight to the BIOS and the CPU temp is 45 degrees which seems okay to me. It runs for hours or days when I'm not using sound.

It's weird, it has been a great computer 'til now,

Cheers.

Re: Computer Cuts Out Completely

I should add that I just got a new NetGear N600

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieWhittaker View Post
      I should add that I just got a new NetGear N600
      Also, or after this started?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I added the N600 a couple of days before the problem started.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieWhittaker View Post
          I have

ASRock Z87 Extreme3, i7-4770, 16gb AX3U1600W8G9, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Toxic Boost, Samsung 250GB SSD, Corsair RM-550 80 Plus Gold

It has worked well for 2 months. Suddenly it seems to just turn off (like click everything's off) when music or videos are playing. If I power off and wait I can restart, otherwise pressing power-on produces not even a click. When It will start I go straight to the BIOS and the CPU temp is 45 degrees which seems okay to me. It runs for hours or days when I'm not using sound.

It's weird, it has been a great computer 'til now,

Cheers.
          Your description sounds like an overheating issue, possibly with the PSU. It sounds like a thermal safety switch was activated, since you can't turn the system on again immediately after it shuts off. It could also be the CPU overheating, since the CPU temperature in the BIOS will not be the same as it is when playing a game, and the video card is not producing much heat at that point.

What do you use for the audio source, the board's onboard audio or something else?

What PC case are you using? Using the stock Intel CPU cooler?

You should have a temperature monitoring program running while you are gaming to check the CPU and other system temperatures. Does the PSU's fan run at high speed when you are gaming?

Comment

Working...
          X