H61M-U3S3 Won't wake from sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H61M-U3S3 Won't wake from sleep.

Whether I have Deep SX enabled or not it will not wake up from usb keyboard, usb mouse, or from power button. Should I just not worry and never try to use sleep?

Re: H61M-U3S3 Won't wake from sleep.

I'm not familiar with your board's BIOS, but you should have some settings for Sleep besides Deep SX.

In the (if you have it) ACPI menu, if you have a Suspend to RAM setting, set it to Auto. There are normally other settings in that menu for allowing waking the PC with the keyboard or mouse.

Comment

Suspend to ram is set to auto. There is notify os on c3 and or c6. There is wake from ps2 keyboard but nothing for wake from usb keyboard or mouse.

Comment

The C3 and C6 settings are for CPU power saving options and is unrelated to Windows Sleep. Suspend to RAM should work, that it it's purpose when set to Auto. Do you have a Check Ready Bit setting in the BIOS, which should be next to the Suspend to RAM option. Check Ready Bit should be set to enabled.

I'm surprised the case power button does not work to wake from Sleep. What PC case are you using? Do you get a flashing power or HDD LED flashing when you enter Sleep mode?

Some Intel 6 series chipsets (like the H61) had issues when attempting to wake from Sleep, my P67 board had that problem. But the PC would partially start, the fans would run and it would seem to be running, but no video would be displayed on the screen.

Does your board do nothing at all when pressing the power button to try waking from Sleep?

Comment

Working...
        X